Joining Busuu means being part of one of the top EdTech companies in the world, a multiple award-winner recognised for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower people through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with 120+ million registered users. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with feedback from our global community of native speakers and lesson content designed for real life.
Busuu is part of the global Chegg family. Chegg is the leading student-first connected learning platform and a NYSE listed company.
What does a freelance online Dutch Teacher do at Busuu?
You’ll teach language lessons that help to educate Busuu students. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities are likely to include:
- Planning, preparing and teaching online Dutch private (1:1) lessons for corporate client students (45 minute lessons)
- Preparing and teaching online Dutch group lessons (up to 5 students) (45 minute lessons)
What happens next?
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for the freelance online Dutch Teacher role are the following 3 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick interview with the teacher operations manager about your experience and the role
- Short onboarding course
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.
- C2 Level of Dutch
- Valid teaching certificate or related university degrees
- Experience in online teaching
- Fluency (B1 or above) in a second language
- Prior business experience will be valued
- Comfortable teaching: presentation skills, negotiations, business email etiquette, meeting management, multicultural communication, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to engage and teach students
- High-Speed Internet, Modern Laptop / PC with a microphone and camera
- Paid per lesson taught
- Remote position
- Freedom to set your own schedule
- Access to Busuu Premium, to continue your own language learning
- Opportunity to interact with and teach students from around the world
- Valuable teaching experience with one of the industry’s leading companies