Busuu is one of the top EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In January 2022, Busuu was acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a freelance online Dutch Teacher do at Busuu?
You’ll teach language lessons that help to educate Busuu students. On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities are likely to include:
- Planning, preparing and teaching online Dutch private (1:1) lessons for corporate client students (45 minute lessons)
- Preparing and teaching online Dutch group lessons (up to 5 students) (45 minute lessons)
What happens next?
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for the freelance online Dutch Teacher role are the following 3 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick interview with the teacher operations manager about your experience and the role
- Short onboarding course
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear from you.
- C2 Level of Dutch
- Valid teaching certificate or related university degrees
- Experience in online teaching
- Fluency (B1 or above) in a second language
- Prior business experience will be valued
- Comfortable teaching: presentation skills, negotiations, business email etiquette, meeting management, multicultural communication, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to engage and teach students
- High-Speed Internet, Modern Laptop / PC with a microphone and camera
- Paid per lesson taught
- Remote position
- Freedom to set your own schedule
- Access to Busuu Premium, to continue your own language learning
- Opportunity to interact with and teach students from around the world
- Valuable teaching experience with one of the industry’s leading companies