Lestari Capital is a leader and innovator in the fast-growing field of Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) and Natural Climate (Carbon) Solutions.
With some of the world’s biggest companies as our clients, we are building platforms that channel investment into the conservation and restoration of South East Asia’s rainforest landscapes. In 2022 we launched a $1 billion fund with Unilever, Nestlé and Procter & Gamble as our cornerstone investors.
The Corporate Finance Manager (CFM) plays a key role in shaping and executing our financial and corporate strategy. (S)he supports the Chief Investment Officer in raising and structuring funds, assessing our NBS investments and in our corporate strategy and projections.
The ideal candidate will excel at three quite different types of activities - (1) financial analysis and modelling; (2) communication for internal and external audiences through written, graphic and spoken forms; and (3) running of processes for fundraising and financial structuring.
(S)he will apply these skills to three areas -
- Financial and legal structuring of our environmental finance products
- Equity & debt fundraising for corporate and project portfolio
- Assessment, DD and monitoring of investment portfolio.
Expertise in sustainable finance, forestry / agriculture or conservation is a bonus but not a pre-requisite; however, we do seek a candidate with a passion for our mission and an interest to develop domain expertise.
We are looking for someone who brings positive energy to the job, a self-starter who gets things done, and goes beyond expectations to contribute to the company’s growth.
ROLES AND SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Environmental Finance
· Participate in financial structuring of funds and products.
· Financial modelling of innovative funding mechanisms
· Identify areas for innovation, contribute to optimizing structures
· Manage negotiation and development processes with clients
· Communicate proposals to clients - written, graphic and spoken
· Develop revenue forecasts and budgets for new opportunities
· Set, control and improve pricing for existing products
2. Investment Assessment
· Lead financial assessment of NBS and NCS projects
· Develop standard cost pricing together with NBS teams
· Oversee negotiations, budget and price setting with NBS projects
· Analyse returns and cost of various Ecosystem Service Outcomes (ESOs) e.g. climate, biodiversity and community.
3. Corporate Finance
· Support CIO & CEO to develop long-term financial plans
· Own our long term company forecast, feeding into CIO
· Perform market research, data mining and business intelligence
· Lead the day-to-day running of corporate funding processes
· Generate high-quality corporate funding presentation materials
· Ongoing ad hoc reporting to funders and investors
· Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
Education and Experience
· Degree in Corporate Finance, Finance, Statistics or Business with relevant work experience.
· Strong analytical and quantitative competency,
· Minimum 3-6 years of Corporate Finance experience in high-quality organisations i.e. a premier banking or accounting practice, or a blue-chip corporate.
· Fluency in business English
· Outstanding Microsoft Excel financial modelling skills.
· Excellent Powerpoint and graphics skills.
· Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Enthusiasm for and interest in Environmental Protection
Nice to Have -
· Knowledge of Environmental or NBS sector
· Experience with complex financial structuring
· Entrepreneurial mindset.
· Someone who “gets things done”
· Team player with initiative and creativity.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
· A pro-active personality who brings a spirit of enthusiasm, self-motivation and positivity to the workplace
· Enjoys the challenge of solve problems based on new and not fully understood inter-disciplinary business models.