Papier, purveyors of an eclectic emporium of stationery and desk products that invite curiosity and contemplation, is looking for a Head of Retention Marketing for a 6-month contract assignment based in the UK or US.
Reporting to directly to the CMO, you will be responsible for building this growth channel particularly through refining and executing a robust email, SMS and repeat customer program with a strong focus on personalization, segmentation, customer journeys and creative strategy. You will have a team of two (Retention Manager and Retention Senior Associate) and be responsible for defining the retention marketing roadmap, along with analysing and achieving new repeat customer KPIs.
It’s an exciting time to join Papier, particularly as they ramp the business in both the UK and the US. This is a critical role with a chance for fast, outsized impact.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyse retention performance and suggest improvements and both quick wins and longer-term optimizations
- Develop a roadmap for testing retention strategies, with specific focus on retention marketing, with clear KPIs.
- Work with the Data Science team to develop sophisticated models that drive campaign decisions, enabling us to execute more targeted, relevant, and personalised campaigns
- Drive Optimization: growth through continuous testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization
- Analyse and refine key audience segments to identify opportunities for increased engagement, open rates, click through rates, revenue, etc
- Develop monthly and annual forecasts for Repeat Orders
- Own the reporting of Repeat KPIs and effectively communicate them to the wider business
- Manage the retention marketing budget, setting CPRO targets and working with the Performance Marketing team to ensure targets are adhered to
- Work cross-functionally with Performance Marketing, BI, Insight, and Technology teams to effectively deliver your strategy
- Collaborate with other internal teams on shared clients to achieve a harmonious brand voice and strategy across all marketing channels
- Oversee team QA to ensure emails or SMS messages are executed flawlessly
- Manage, develop and lead a team of two (Retention Manager and Retention Senior Associate), ensuring they can execute the strategy successfully, and have actionable development plans in place.
WHO YOU ARE:
- As a guide, 5+ years of relevant customer marketing experience, ideally in an eCommerce environment, with proven experience managing a team
- Analytically minded with a strong understanding of retention and marketing KPIs, as well as attribution and cohort analysis
- A strong overall CRM platform technical skills with Braze.
- Proven success record in creating and scaling strong email/SMS strategies and programs
- Strong experience in owning roadmaps, budgets, and forecasts
- A fast learner who can climb the learning curve with speed coupled with a bias for action
- Agile and adaptable, a leader who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get it done and quickly
- Strong sense for creative strategy in the email channel
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to impart information in a clear manner, and effectively work cross-functionally
- Are a proactive and flexible self-starter who thrives off ownership and responsibility
- Experience in managing and nurturing teams. A team leader who champions best practice and can build a high-performing team.
- Ideally an understanding of retention differences between US and UK.
What will you get?
- A seat at Papier NYC, with a hybrid working pattern of 2 days per week in the office (or more if you'd like!)
- Slavic 401k, employer contribution of 3%
- Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare
- Generous time off
- 8 public holidays per year
- $55 per month cultural allowance
- $100 Personal Stationery Allowance
- Generous Staff Discount
- Team Lunches & Trips
- Friendly and fantastic team
Salary: - $120,000 - $150,000
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes through to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies to ensure everyone has the opportunity to make the most of their chapter at Papier.