Active England is looking for a motivated Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about travel and providing great service experiences. The successful candidate will have impeccable attention to detail, strong creative and administrative skills and the ability to deliver accurately and on-time. Active England Tours (AET) is an active travel operator providing an unrivalled premium experience for active inbound North American/ Australian tourists and residents in England. AET runs a high number of beautifully curated, high-end, active tours including guided, self-guided and bespoke cycling, walking, swimming and wellbeing adventures. From our origin in the Cotswolds, we have become the premier provider of active holidays in Devon, Cornwall, The Lake District, Yorkshire and Northumberland. While running our own tours we also work with numerous business partners within the industry, creating and operating their English active holidays. Our mission is to open up England as a destination for active travel and continue to be the go-to travel company to book and work with! We are proud to show off our incredible countryside, seaside and rich heritage.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. • A minimum of two years of professional experience.
• Good technical understanding of social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Ability to work quickly and intentionally with deadlines, in a fast paced environment and be adaptable, flexible and highly organised.
• Copywriting experience (marketing or editorial).
• Ability to work as a collaborative team player with meticulous attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including excel, word, PPT and Outlook.
As Active England’s Digital Marketing Coordinator you will be tasked with creating and facilitating consistent content creation across our social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and WordPress.
• Support with the creation of a digital marketing strategy, complete with a marketing plan for 2023. • Create and optimize copy and content within Active England’s digital marketing strategy and manage the roll-out of consistent content across the necessary social media platforms.
• Prepare and maintain Active England’s digital photo library for use in marketing materials.
• Support on developing creative marketing campaigns and styling content as appopriate and upload to the relevant blog pages of our website. • Edit existing content across our website (tour pages, blog etc) and help optimise it for SEO.
• Have a clear understanding of our competitors and global travel market – following and analyzing trends to inform existing and new marketing development and share key insight with the team.