Busuu is one of the top EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In January 2022, Busuu was acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
This is why we are rapidly becoming the language learning solution of choice for some of the largest and fastest growing companies worldwide. We are obsessed with improving learning outcomes and our clients appreciate us above all for our cutting edge technology, best in class learner engagement and how easily implemented and scalable our solutions are. Busuu can be tailored to specific industries and business needs, which means that our clients see their employees communicate more effectively which in turn means employees feel empowered to do their jobs. Through our reporting platform clients gain actionable insights and run language learning programmes with visible results to demonstrate positive impact.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a Project Manager (Business English) do at Busuu?
Busuu is now a part of Chegg and we couldn’t be more excited about that. We are committed to accelerating our B2B growth in our core markets and are building a top B2B content team to support this mission.
- Planning and creating syllabi across business English, Skills and industry-specific courses
- Designing and contributing to overall lesson planning and structure
- Leading and directing teams of writers to design, create and complete new app-based courses
- Managing time, workflow and quality of content development
- Guiding and supporting freelancers during onboarding and beyond
- Checking and critiquing other team members’ lesson plans
- Working closely Senior Learning Designers to balance demand for new courses around available resources
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience teaching and creating EFL content in a range of contexts
- Be confident working autonomously as well as being a leader and team player in the right scenarios
- A willingness to learn and work with a variety of digital tools that help us create content - tech is your friend!
- Experience learning a second language
- Love working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a flexible and creative writing style
- Both native and non-native speakers of English are welcome to apply, but a C2 level mastery of the language is expected
- Deep understanding of the content needs of corporate clients and students of English in a Business environment
Bonus skills and experience
- Masters-level qualification in languages, linguistics or education
- Experience creating a full Business English course syllabus
- Experience teaching via remote video lessons
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is as follows:
- 1.CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- 2.Let’s chat - Quick chat with one of our team about your experience and the role
- 3.Practical Test - You will be asked to complete a 60-90 min at-home-test to see your language skills & pedagogic approach
- 4.Meet the team - 1 - 1.5h meeting with the wider team
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.