Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Senior Data Scientist.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Senior Data Scientist
The core mission of the data team is to provide meaningful recommendations and actionable insights from our users’ and client data as we strive to build the best version of Unmind.
Mental health is personal - how to manage and improve it may look different to each one of us. We are passionate about providing our user’s with a respective personalised experience when using Unmind. As a Senior Data Scientist within our team, you will significantly contribute to this mission by using skills in analytics and machine learning to drive personalisation across our Product suite.
You will be involved in identifying different usage patterns, benchmark and predict user as well as client behaviour. This is an exciting opportunity to create impact from an early stage, building our data science foundations to perform predictive analytics. You will report directly into our Head of Data and collaborate closely with our data analysts, data engineer, and our product development function.
Things you'll do in this role
We’re iterating quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Analyse - You will perform analyses to uncover impactful user as well as business insights that drive decision making across Unmind.
- Own - You will own the data science roadmap and be a key driver in ideating how we best use advanced analytics and data science techniques to achieve our strategic business goals.
- Build - You will design, build, and productionise data science solutions including recommender systems and predictive models to provide value to our users and clients.
- Collaborate - You will work very cross-functionally, partnering with our data analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and our key stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging the organisation’s data assets to create impact in a fast-moving environment.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
- Excellent understanding and experience in applying data science techniques such as regression, clustering, collaborative filtering, parameter tuning etc. to different types of data.
- Highly skilled in performing effective exploratory data analysis and feature engineering
- Familiarity with end to end data pipelines and appetite to get involved/up-skill in tasks preceding downstream analytics (e.g. tracking, data modelling using dbt)
- Ability to write production level code in Python and experience in deploying as well as maintaining models in production (with support from data engineering if needed)
- Experience in using different statistical concepts and techniques to uncover actionable insights
- Experience of communicating and presenting complex ideas to a non-technical audience and other business’ stakeholders effectively.
- Passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
Our Tech Stack
Python, AWS, dbt, Postgres, MySQL, Segment, Tableau, Amplitude
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace