Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
We’re having some brilliant results growing our client base for Busuu for Business which allows companies to offer our award-winning language courses to their employees and to track their progress on an interactive dashboard. Busuu has a strong offering for Manufacturing, Pharma as well as retail & hospitality with companies such as Inditex, adidas and Palladium Hotel Group among our clients.
In Nov´21 Busuu entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a Senior Business Development Manager does at Busuu
Due to our growth overall and some exciting wins in the France region, we are looking to hire a dedicated Senior Business Development Manager, both virtually and face-to-face.
You’ll be in charge of executing the GTM strategy, originate opportunities in the enterprise and mid-cap tier. You will also work closely with SDRs who will also generate opportunities through outbound prospecting and by qualifying inbound leads. We’d expect you to have the experience to help coach the more junior members of the team but also come with a growth mindset.
- Pipeline ownership from opportunity origination to closing deals
- Accurately forecast your deals while managing your pipeline appropriately
- Deals structuring, negotiation and closing out your book of business
- Build strong insights on the needs of target customers and work with product team to adapt Busuu value offering
- Identify emerging trends in the local corporate language market and build good awareness of the competitive environment
- Represent the firm in local trade fairs, conferences and events
What we’re looking for in a Senior Business Development Manager
- Fluency in French and English languages
- 5+ years experience in B2B SaaS sales and proven track record of closing deals with contract value of €100k++
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of corporate L&D and HR landscape
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Additional European/Asian Language
- Experience in Ed-tech or selling to L&D/Training/HR professionals
- Proficient in using MEDDIC
- Hubspot experience
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such a team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Senior Business Development Manager are the following 5 steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- Test - You will be asked to prepare presentation and then present it to us in the interview
- A video call - Video call with the hiring manager on the exercise feedback and the role
- Final interview - Video call with our Chief Commercial Officer and hiring manager
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.