Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Student Success Specialist is dedicated to the student experience in and out of the classroom, working to ensure every aspect of campus and staff execute on GA's value proposition, brand aesthetic and voice.
This person strives to create a world-class environment for students ensuring an inviting and conducive learning experience. This role is a balance of reviewing and analyzing feedback, monitoring system operations and enacting automation and process improvements where appropriate, and serving as the main point of contact for students outside the classroom.
- Monitor Student Services inbox and Slack channels ensuring all inquiries are responded to within 24-48 hours.
- Create and onboard all incoming students to in-class tools and resources (welcome emails, course trackers/rosters, sketch licenses, slack invite/channel setup, etc.), and track student pre-work data ensuring students meet 100% completion standards prior to the start of class.
- Support student collections outreach and act as a liaison between students and Finance.
- Track student progress against graduation requirements, monitoring and coordinating interventions to address red flags.
- Oversee the development and execution of SSPs/IEPs partnering with local Instruction & Outcomes.
- Mediate and manage student withdrawal requests, tracking/reporting, and retention strategy.
- Send letters of completion to qualified students and remove students from in-course tools and resources.
- Demonstrates a baseline understanding of all GA Education Product lines in order to create tools and systems necessary for program delivery
- Facilitate student-facing events, update student-facing event calendar and ongoing community outreach.
- Develop and execute local strategy for student-facing events and ongoing community outreach.
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive community for all students and alumni.
- Review both qualitative and quantitative student data to identify trends in the learner experience.
- Represent the voice of the student owning cross-functional communication and collaboration across teams.
- Oversee the execution of local student success strategy.
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in a customer or client success role.
- Tech and system savvy; familiar with Google Suite.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Can navigate an ever-changing, fast paced environment and demonstrable ability to come up with solutions.
- Learns new processes quickly and accurately.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor.
- Highly organized, can coordinate multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- Able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, remains calm under pressure.
- Is open to feedback and collaboration, and committed to transparency
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Optimizes Work Processes
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.