So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our values:
Who we’re looking for?
As a Payments and Collections Advisor, you will be speaking to customers, often in financial difficulty, ultimately seeking to bring accounts out of debt, whilst providing excellent quality service. You will be multi-skilled, developing an understanding of the energy business and how it relates to our customers and their billing, as well as assisting with administrative tasks for the smooth running of the team.
We are looking to consider candidates with a strong background in a consumer facing payments or credit control / accounts receivable role. A good understanding of systems, dunning processes and a confident email and phone manner is highly desirable. Experience in billing and tariffs is also important.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that we continue to deliver our 5* rated customer service to all customers and our internal and external partners
- Work a ticketing system of overdue and collections cases, involving every stage of arrears
- Negotiate payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly direct debit
- Make outbound and receive inbound contacts (calls and emails) from customers unable or unwilling to maintain payments
- Engage with third party debt collection teams to help manage escalated debt circumstances
- Working within all company guidelines for SLAs and Data Protection
- Ensure the department achieves its monthly objectives
- Implement and be able to demonstrate an understanding of our automation systems
- Prioritise your own workload and demonstrate flexibility
- Experience negotiating payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly direct debit
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of delivering against targets or KPIs
- The ability to priorities your own work to deliver the best outcomes
- Previous experience in Customer Service or Accounts Payable
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of £28,323 plus performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
- Great reward and recognition
- Regular company socials
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry, as a leading disruptor in the field
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
Working hours: 08:30 -17:30 Monday - Friday
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.