bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: San Francisco, US
Type: Full time, permanent
Remote based position - West Coast, US
Your role in our team:
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager with a strong background in cell product sales. The individual will focus on the direct selling of bit.bio’s iPSC-derived cell products for basic research and drug discovery purposes in academic and commercial sectors (e.g., Pharma, Biotech and contract research organisations).
The individual will help drive revenue for the assigned regional territory (West Coast US) and will develop, implement, and drive the growth strategy of the off-the-shelf iPSC derived cell types and disease models within the Drug Discovery and Life science sectors. The successful candidate will be reporting to a Regional Manager and will work closely with a team of scientists and product managers, being a focal point to access the wider external R&D community.
The position will be essentially home based within the assigned territory (West Coast US) although the role will require regular interaction with the Cambridge offices of Bit Bio Ltd.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy alongside the Regional Manager.
- Actively prospecting, qualify and selling iPSC-derived products in the territory leading to new opportunities that covert from leads to sales.
- Document customer contact information and use tools such as Sales Force CRM.
- The Account Manager will be expected to utilise tools such as Global Data, Sales Navigator and other lead generation tools to assist in prospecting as well as use these tools for background intel preparation and positioning of our Product offering to support their interactions with customers.
- Ownership of the complete sales process for iPSC derived cell products in the assigned region with an ability to identify leads, assess the value of the opportunities, follow the sale stage process in Sales Force and close out/win the opportunities.
- Responsible for Quotation preparation, negotiation process and proactively developing the customer base from tactical to more longer-term strategic relationships through the establishing cell supply partnerships for up to 100 million to 1 billion cells or more.
- The Senior Account Managers are expected to use digital conference facilities and will be required to make in-person travel to customer sites, support conferences activities and make formal product offering presentations.
- Working closely with the Marketing Department, feeding back the voice of the customer and implementing an advocate strategy that supports our marketing efforts.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the candidate is required to undertake such responsibilities within the scope of the post.
- Are a BSc (Hons) educated scientist, or equivalent, with a specific background in Cell or Molecular Biology
- Have significant technical sales experience in a related Life Science sector, ideally with experience of selling cell-based products
- Are knowledgeable and experienced in working with biotech, pharma, CROs and academic customers along the West Coast, US
- Are respectful of others and able to work effectively as part of an International, Regional and National sales team with strong interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to build strong partnerships with highly scientific customers, building rapport quickly and imparting complex scientific information clearly and concisely
With essential experience in…
- Proven track record of direct technical sales within the Life Science sector to the biotech, pharma, CRO and academic customer base in the West Coast, US region (research products or diagnostics)
- Proven knowledge and experience of prospect hunting for leads, assessing the value of an opportunity, sales planning and the ability to execute on the devised commercial strategy
- Proven experience in consultative selling; able to interact in a proactive way through building trust; demonstrates a competency and technical skills that are clear to both customers and peers
- A solid understanding of the drug discovery process
- The use of SalesForce or similar CRM system to manage the sales process
- A high level of proficiency in customer and product presentations and demonstrated ability to present to the scientific community
- MSc/PhD in a life science discipline, preferably Cell or Molecular Biology, or similar
- A solid technical scientific background and an understanding of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and their role in drug discovery
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice