Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Salary: Dependent on Experience + up to 20% bonus (up to 5% paid quarterly) + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re building an amazing team in and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Senior Platform Engineer to jump on board.
Reporting to the Cloud Platform Lead you’ll be responsible for improving the both the operational and cost efficiency of our AWS estate. You’ll be working on all aspects of modernisation of our cloud systems, converting legacy infrastructure to modern vendor-neutral Terraform IaC and removing waste along the way.
If you’re innovative, curious, meticulous, and not afraid of a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s greener alternative to digital banking providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
You will join our cloud engineering team focused on providing resilient and efficient cloud infrastructure. The team itself is small and dedicated with high levels of skill. You’d be adding your talents to an awesome pool and helping to us to grow the team capability by teaching juniors and helping fellow senior engineers to plan, prioritise and execute as efficiently as possible for the bank.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Strong understanding AWS as a cloud platform with an emphasis on the challenges around running containerised services
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes, as a managed service from AWS as well as running it for yourself on your own provisioned metal
- Strong understanding of everything required to run traditional and containerised workloads on AWS
- Strong understanding of databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, Mongo)
- Strong ability with Terraform and the principles of best practice with IaC
- Strong experience with all aspects of networking required to securely run cloud infrastructure
- Good experience with Keycloak and OIDC
- Good experience with Kong or similar REST API gateway technology
- A history of software development (as well as infrastructure management
- A willingness to get “stuck in to the code” rather than needing to wait for ,a developer to explain how it works
- Previous experience with event-driven microservices
- Previous experience with Apache Kafka
- Previous experience with NodeJS, NestJS, TypeScript
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry,
- Experience in a transformation environment would be particularly beneficial
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment
- Experience of working in a start-up or scale-up
Qualities we look for:
- Awesome technical skills
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- A positive, self-sufficient senior with excellent communication skills, intellect and
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.