At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives. It’s a place where you can be yourself, have fun and grow every day.
As Beam’s Business Development & Partnerships Lead, you’re helping Beam grow its reputation as a world-leading innovation in social impact. Every partnership you close in this role leads us further towards our company north star; the number of lives we can change.
You’re a confident presenter and natural networker, creating visually inspired decks that inform and impress.
A firm understanding of analytics means you’re comfortable with social impact metrics and modelling the savings created by Beam for different stakeholders in the public sector.
You’ve applied your strong written skills to winning funding applications before, and enjoy getting your head round complex ecosystems.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
- Opening and closing partnerships in government that increase Beam’s impact
- Testing and iterating the proposition for different stakeholders in government through email and in-person meetings
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam’s prospective and current government partners
- Scoping and modelling new market opportunities eg expanding the service into new areas, working with new cohorts.
- Building a strong brand for Beam through events, networking and relevant speaking opportunities
- Working with Beam’s lawyers to ensure legal compliance underpins new pieces of work
- Working to ambitious company and individual KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- Experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a partnerships, sales or procurement role
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- An understanding of how to build and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model proposals and Beam’s potential impact on a new area of work
- Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with central and local government stakeholders
We’re a team of over 90 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £50-80k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Discounted tech products with Techscheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Your own financial well-being coach, through Bippit
We have a three-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our Talent Partner/COO
- Practical presentation: prepared in advance, giving you a chance to experience the core elements of the role and meet our founders
- Values and Executive interview with our CEO and other team members