Our latest concept in the Mission Studio (backed by Nesta) is Project Martha.
🧐 What is the concept at high level?
What if we could change the food retail environment to make distribution easier for fresh food businesses? Our vision is to create a network of fresh food automated “micro markets” underlying an engaging digital customer experience.
The ambition for this venture is to be:
- A new retail channel for food producers and brands capturing real-time insights
- Streamlining access into automated-retail as a distribution channel by broking between site locations, food producers and consumers
- A simple way for employers or organisations to subsidise healthy food for their teams
- 24/7 access to extensive range of fresh and healthy food brands
- Distributed national footprint in high traffic locations
- Promotions, loyalty and rewards capabilitiesFully managed service; tech, maintenance and stock
⏰ Why now?
The new normal after lockdown has created new opportunities. More gig workers eating on the go, WFH making canteens obsolete, entrepreneurs spinning up food businesses looking to scale - Covid has changed how, where and when people eat. With this venture we can connect the dots to succeed in a new food environment. Other reasons to believe:
- Fresh food intelligent vending machines & smart fridges are operating successfully at scale in other markets
- Employers seeking alternatives to a canteen with the increase in WFH
- More food suppliers resulting from people spinning up new independent brands looking for new channels to reach customers
- Food brands increasingly interested in this space as rents and wages increase
🍏 The Impact
This concept has the potential to shift the balance of food availability, with the potential to impact a broad cross section of society if placed where shift workers, students and time poor commuters can access convenient affordable fresh food instead of unhealthy snack bars..
💪 We are looking for a founders associate who will:Support the founder/CEO to research, build and launch this venture Support and execute on all aspects of turning the vision for the business (including product direction) into reality Hard working and not afraid to get your hands dirty working across multiple areas of a startup Be motivated by the mission, A Healthy Life Excited and passionate about working for an innovative startup.
✅ We’ll look to assess on:Participated/lead in extracurricular activities Had experience working in a business/startup environment Confidence with digital / technical workflows and process Strong Communication and team player Willing to learn and not afraid to ask questions Driven by purpose and the learning opportunity, not just money
What’s in it for you:Salary of up to £25k Equity to make sure you have skin in the game! You are helping bring a high-growth startup to life to and execute on our ambitions � Work directly with the Founder & CEO helping shape all aspects of the business 💁🏻♀️Become part of the Founder's Factory entrepreneurial ecosystem & build relationships with industry leaders for life 💙A culture of self-development, continuous growth and radical candour 🙏Opportunity to build a team and create your own niche within Project Martha as we scale 👾
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.