Who we are
Numan is on a mission to make men healthier. We provide healthcare as men need it, and treat common health conditions with personalised plans that alleviate symptoms and fix root causes. We offer integrated care - including diagnostics, medication & supplements, 1-1 clinical care, and digital programs - in one digital platform, to help patients take control of their health.
Founded in 2018, we’re backed by top-tier investors and have already impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients in the UK, and have created a category leading brand. We have ambitious plans and are expanding the team with talented people who are as excited about the mission as we are.
Your mission at Numan
Numan have an excellent opportunity for a Head of Finance to join our growing team. Reporting to, and working closely with the CFO, you will be instrumental in assisting commercial decision making, running global financial operations and delivering financial information to both internal and external stakeholders.
The role will sit firmly as part of the Numan Leadership Team, working cross functionally to drive internal decision making and commercial value.As a functional leader you will be responsible for the output of the Finance department, communication and delivery.
We are a company driven by metrics and data.You will be self sufficient in data analysis and obsess around driving commercial value through data led decisions and strive for perfection in everything you do.
- Solid understanding of the value drivers of the business, being across all core metrics and influencing business performance.
- Prepare on-going support analysis of underlying data to support optimisation of business activities.
- Own the Financial Planning Cycle, establishing best practice around cadence of budgets, forecasts and all associated reporting.
- Own the fund raising model, applying best in class modelling principles, presentation and delivery to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Own Investor Relations, ensuring timely delivery of core Financial Reporting and headlines with the Board.
- Presentation of Financial and Commercial performance.
- Direct management of Finance Accounting and Operations Team, establishingand maintaining the control framework as well as driving reliable reporting and seeking out ways of automation.
- Grow the team capabilities and capacity through effective team management, developing internal systems and promoting automation in order to improve efficiency.
What experience you bring
- Experience of working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Naturally curious with a focus upon value creation
- Obsessed with numbers and able to see through the detail
- The ability to be innovative and apply commercial acumen
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Excellent Financial Modelling skills
- A self-starter - confidence to set own goals, ambitious and drive to push limits
- ACA or other relevant accounting certification
- Flexible – no day is the same.
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and pension contribution.
- Hybrid working with a mix of remote and office based.
- Dog friendly office.
- Health benefits with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Annual Learnerbly budget - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
- Option to have a stake in our growing business.
- Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
- Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
- Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.