Reporting to: Financial Controller
Working hours: 9am-5pm
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
Here at Beryl, we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team reporting to the Financial Controller.
This role will be a key member of the team providing accurate monthly reporting to our internal teams and key external stakeholders including banks, investors, and our customers. You will engage in analysing data to help us continue to be successful with our tender processes and fundraises. You will support the Financial Controller in delivering the annual audit in a timely manner.In addition, you will help maintain the great relationships already in place with key stakeholders, the supply chain, and customers.
The role is based out of our London HQ.
The chosen candidate will demonstrate proven reporting and data analysis experience and the ability to work well within the wider team.
- Prepare accurate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the monthly management accounting process
- Assist with the preparation of business financial models for use in tender processes, investment pitches, and long-term planning
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Work with our operations team to build robust and effective month-end and supply chain processes and reporting
- Support with the budgeting and forecasting cycle
- Support throughout the annual audit
- Other ad-hoc reporting and data analysis duties as necessary to support the Senior Leadership Team in Beryl
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities moving sustainably.
Our aim is to be the UK's leading micro-mobility company, delivering sustainable, shared schemes to UK communities. As a certified B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and effective design.
Skills and Experience
- Part-qualified (CIMA/ACCA) with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Able to deliver to regular financial deadlines
- Previous reporting and cash flow management experience within a vibrant and varied working environment
- Financial modeling experience
- Collaborative and skilled in gaining trust across multiple fast-moving non-financial departments and projects
- Well organised, resourceful, and effective in your working style
- An eye for process and the desire to discover and implement improvements using appropriate project and implementation methodology
- Excellent, Xero, MS Office, and GSuite skills – we have them all!
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent experience in prior roles
Beryl is growing nationally, and now is an exciting time to join our team.
What we are offering in return:
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Family and friends product discounts
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status. We particularly welcome people from a BAME background or those who are disabled as they are currently under-represented in our workforce. If you wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for this role please indicate this within your application and we will be in touch with you.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. We strive to support all staff and maintain an inclusive workplace, we champion and support mental health and well-being activities.
We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our Finance Manager is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross-reference all applications against a pre-job-specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process (phone screening and virtual interview). A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- After the first interview, the candidate will be asked to complete a short assessment.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on the closure of the application process.
Successful candidates will be subject to reference or job-specific background checks after an offer of employment is made.