Permanent contract. Role to commence: April 2023
£32,000 + company equity
Entrepreneurship - General Management - Hospitality - Cultural programming
At Patch, we’re building happier, more balanced lives for commuters and their communities in the ‘Work Near Home’ era. Our mission is to empower millions of people to work near to what matters to them, by building a national network of community-led, Work Near Home coworking clubs.
We operate beautifully designed spaces to do productive work in your local high street. We also support cultural, non-work activities that make our towns great places to live. We invite both members and non members to make every Patch a destination near home, at all times of the week.
We are transforming a prominent art deco building, just moments from Church Street, into a distinctive centre for community, work, public events and education. You are reading this because you want to be a key part of this vision.
We are seeking a Site Director to lead Patch Twickenham as a new high street hub of professional and cultural activity. In collaboration with the Head of Operations and the Central Support Team, you will create an exceptional venue that drives Patch's core value and the Work Near Home era forward.
Patch Twickenham will be yours to own and develop as you wish, building a team around you. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and commercially minded. An equity ownership opportunity will be presented to you.
This is an exciting career opportunity to be at the heart of Patch, joining a new high growth concept in a well funded start up, and a team invested in your success. You will have the unique and special opportunity to shape the future of the Work Near Home vision in Twickenham.
Being the daily champion of our brand and vision, You will become a key member of the Patch team, with regular opportunities to develop, learn, teach and grow with the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
Creating a vibrant and engaging community home:
- Create the best day at work and place to be. Ensure an efficient and high quality customer experience for everyone at Patch.
- Proactive community outreach and development of local cultural programming on site.
- Identify yourself with community leaders, supporting local business and activities.
- Communicating regularly through newsletters and in person outreach to local community groups and organisations.
- Manage multiple projects on-site at the same time, meeting deadlines, and successfully launching new initiatives when needed.
Building the business:
- Lead the on site sales process of conducting tours, closing contracts, securing new memberships, and enhancing ancillary sales at the site.
- Work closely with the sales and central growth team to increase local leads.
- Supporting and enabling non-work uses of Patch, including hosting events, a pop up retail market and liaising with our in house cafe operator (a local business will operate this within our site).
- Ensuring site level pricing is competitive and accessible by supporting the central team on pricing structures and tiering.
- Build your own case for ideas that could be implemented locally, or across the company, that will improve the Patch offer for members and community.
Leadership and team building
- Managing and developing a great team, and supporting a wide circle of friends.
- Work with the Central Support Team to build the vision for Patch Twickenham.
- Develop and launch site-specific value-added projects that you are passionate about.
- Act like an owner and model quality and certainty across our policies and finances.
- Develop budgets and reporting with the Central Support Team that will reflect your progress in building the business.
You will receive huge freedom for personal growth and the opportunity to build the company from scratch. We have a strong culture of people development, led by the founder’s passion for the topic.
What we’re looking for
We believe that building the very best company means we bring the very best people into the company, regardless of race, gender, background, religion, disability or sexuality. If you’re as excited as we are about the work near home vision, we want to hear your voice.
You are likely to have the following traits:
- An exceptional people-person with a warm, open personality and the ability to set an example for others. You treat every customer as a gift.
- You thrive at multitasking and enjoy wearing multiple hats at the same time.
- A proactive, responsible person who takes the initiative to solve problems.
- Commercially minded, comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets, and enjoy negotiating.
- The ability to create systems and process where appropriate.
- Your passion for helping others is evident in your outward energy and positive attitude.
- You take pride in everything that makes Twickenham great.
- First principles thinking, willing and able to solve knotty problems without prior knowledge. You are resourceful, action-oriented, and motivated.
- Curiosity and optimism. You don't know what the future holds, but you always think of ways it could be better, and you're eager to build it.
Typical experience will include some or all of the following:
- 3+ years experience in hospitality, retail or managing membership environments.
- Experience in either or both of sales and hospitality
- You have a proven track record of leading others with empathy towards common goals.
- You may be involved in the curation of public spaces and events.
- Familiar with general management style responsibilities, running a team and confidence with budgets.
Our social and environmental ambitions will resonate strongly with you. Everyone’s long term compensation plans are in part linked to the company’s performance against impact goals.
Our company values
- Don’t be a cookie cutter, be relevant.
- Celebrate and promote the potential of Twickenham
- Work and personal needs should be in concert, not in competition.
- Prioritise the personal - mental health, family and physical wellbeing.
Built to last
- We leave a place better than how we found it.
- We choose the right thing over the fast thing.
What’s in it for you?
Your learning and development is an explicit company priority. There is no limit to how far you can take your journey within Patch, or in how far we will support you in your future career.
The starting salary range is £32,000, and we will develop a bonus package from year 2. You will be offered potentially life changing equity in the business
We offer an expanding range of benefits including so far:
- Private healthcare
- 1x private annual off grid retreat at Unplugged
- Cycle to work scheme
- A personal health budget
- Team Joy budget
- 28 days paid holiday + your birthday as an extra free holiday
Please apply by telling us a little about yourself via the 'Apply Now' button link in this advert, and then by sending over a CV to email@example.com. We’ll respond to every application with feedback and next steps.