Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Finance Department is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst ready to join the remote team in a fast-paced startup environment. In this role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, you will be part of a team that manages the full P&L to drive key business decisions. This role will challenge you and has great visibility and interactions with senior leadership as well as various teams across General Assembly.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Collaborate with accounting, business intelligence, and various teams throughout the company to consolidate, report, and analyze the full P&L
- Primary finance business partner for revenue-generating function, including but not limited to revenue forecasting, gross margin optimization and cost management
- Work closely with that the various functions to better understand obstacles on key operational metrics and drive towards resolution
- Lead initiatives that will help improve forecasting accuracy
- Create and maintain standardized as well as ad hoc financial schedules and reports, utilizing Oracle, One Stream and other financial systems
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures for enhanced reporting of key business drivers; partner with business intelligence to build accurate, automated, and robust reporting of financial metrics
- Assist in the creation of monthly financial deliverables for both management reporting and Adecco (Parent Company) reporting
- Ad hoc projects as needed
Attributes and Skills:
- Impressive attention to detail, all the time, every time
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-starter with the ability to set and keep deadlines and commitments
- Empathy, patience and ability to help people with questions – warm, clear communicator in person or electronically
- Highly flexible and willing to pinch-het in any other Finance area necessary as we grow
- Intellectual curiosity and enjoy working as part of a small team environment
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP and One Stream Financial Planning Software
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet applications and databases
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with Tableau or another BI tool; experience querying Oracle data and presenting it in a BI tool a plus.
- Must be organized, detail oriented
- Must be able to present analysis and findings to executives and peers
- Must have strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines quickly and accurately
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $73,000 and $109,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email email@example.com for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.