South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Director, Global Marketplace of Expertise, the Senior Lead, Global People & Culture Projects (HR Product Owner) role is responsible for designing, deploying and measuring the success of the innovative HR solutions to support the business with what is needed the most to continue the rapid growth of South Pole, as well as develop and retain our people.
This role will enable the People and Culture team to deliver on the HR priorities in order to increase our impact within the organisation. To achieve this, you will work closely with the People and Culture Business Partners and CoEs and we aspire for you to deliver world-class HR solutions that support the achievement of strategic company goals in line with the overall People & Culture strategy. This is the right opportunity to build a broad set of skills and take ownership of projects / epics to deliver.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work with global and local stakeholders across all teams to understand the challenges and identify opportunities and create HR solutions with a customer-centric approach
- Be the voice of the product to our businesses, and ensure that all channels of communication are open and that projects have the right amount of support required to succeed. To succeed in this, you will be working closely with the HR Business Partnering team, People Services and the CoEs, as well as our Business Lines
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement plans for projects to identify relevant internal and external stakeholders, develop positive stakeholder relationships, and ensure that each stakeholder has an appropriate share of voice to make the project a success
- Look at the projects from the external and internal contexts, as well as offer innovative solutions based on the employee-centric approach. Bring in the outside-in perspective!
These are the examples of some of the projects we would want you to work on:
- Bring in the subject matter expertise on capabilities, building and design our upskilling strategy across the organisation (e.g. digital, leadership etc.) based on the data-driven analysis of the skills gap and future-proof required skills to be competitive in the sustainability market in order to attract, retain and develop our talent with the aspiration to be the number one organisation in the sustainability sector
- Suggest solutions to drive a continuous/lifelong learning culture
- Define the leadership competencies needed for the organisation and create a successful leadership profile to ensure continuous growth of employees and secure the succession bench strength
- Contribute to the strategic workforce planning process design through a close collaboration with People and Culture Business Partners, People Analytics team and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree and ideally further education in team development/leadership. We would love for you to demonstrate continuous desire to learn and advance professionally or personally
- Extensive experience in HR, ideally with roles in talent management/project management. On top of that experience in business partnering would be a strong advantage
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills. Ideally you you have experience working with C-suite leaders
- This role is for you if you are striving to deliver high-standard solutions. However, we also want you to be able to acknowledge and learn from your mistakes, as well as deliver an MVP (minimum viable product) where appropriate to continue experimenting and improving your solutions
- Agile and independent with a high level of end-user centricity
- Competency in the English language.
- Ambition to develop yourself further as a broad HR professional/leader and this role is a stepping stone for you to move further up to lead a wider People related agenda.
- Have previously worked in the sustainability field or a scale up
Any other language is a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
Training budget to contribute to your personal and professional development; an
appropriate salary, company bonus, flexible working hours/locations policy, 28 holiday
days per year (varies by country of your origin) and many more;
Great colleagues across the world - we are more than 25 nationalities in HR with a team
of 65 today and growing.
Working in a purposeful organisation with like-minded people thriving to make our
planet a better place!
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.