Who we are
Numan is on a mission to make men healthier. We provide healthcare as men need it, and treat common health conditions with personalised plans that alleviate symptoms and fix root causes. We offer integrated care - including diagnostics, medication & supplements, 1-1 clinical care, and digital programs - in one digital platform, to help patients take control of their health.
Founded in 2018, we’re backed by top-tier investors and have already impacted the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients in the UK, and have created a category leading brand. We have ambitious plans and are expanding the team with talented people who are as excited about the mission as we are.
Your mission at Numan
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Health Coach with a passion for digital health to join our growing team. We have a strong vision to move into the field of lifestyle management and preventative health alongside our current services. A Health Coach will be key in supporting our patients towards their health-related goals and outcomes creating long-term engagement and relationships with our patients.
The Health Coach will be the primary interaction point for patients on our Weight Loss Plan. You will engage and motivate Numan patients to reach their goals, using a mixture of asynchronous messaging and calls. You will work closely with the Clinical team and Customer Care team to ensure our patients receive a high quality of care and support.
What you will do
- Provide advice to individuals on a Health Coaching plan
- Helping patients set goals in the areas of nutrition, exercise, sleep and emotional wellbeing
- Responding to patient queries
- Triage and escalate queries where necessary (to Clinical Team or Customer Care)
- Use live chat to communicate/engage/motivate patients
- Maintain records with detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Have a flexible approach and be able to prioritise work tasks effectively
- Have a patient-centric approach
- Implement learning from any incidents and complaints
- Take part in ongoing quality improvement
- Provide high-quality care aligned with in-house Standard Operating Procedures
- Willing to learn and upskill
What you will bring
- UKHCA accreditation desirable
- 1+ years experience in Health Coaching
- Ability to prioritise simultaneous communications with patients alongside other activities
- Naturally empathetic and caring
- Strong problem solving skills
- Qualified to practice in the UK
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree or accreditation in Nutrition or Dietetics is highly desirable
- A passion for digital health and confidence in using technology
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and excellent IT skills
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and pension contribution.
- Hybrid working with a mix of remote and office based.
- Dog friendly office.
- Health benefits with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Annual Learnerbly budget - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
- Option to have a stake in our growing business.
- Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
- Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
- Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.