At El Rayo, we’re challenging every traditional idea of what a tequila brand ‘should’ look like on a mission to build a lifestyle brand that champions creativity and takes tequila to places it’s never been before.
We designed El Rayo to pair with tonic, for a new way to drink tequila that turns tequila into the first drink of the night and not the last. Having launched in 2019, we are now poured in over 500 on trade venues, have become the best selling tequila brand on Amazon in the UK and the first ever tequila to be listed in some of the UK’s most prestigious retailers such as John Lewis, Daylesford, Selfridges and The Conran Shop. We will also be launching into our first ever grocery listing this Spring.
This is a huge opportunity to be one of the first employees at one of the UK’s most young and exciting spirit brands.
For a bit more flavour on the brand story listen to our Courier Podcast.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting directly to the co-founder this is a broad junior marketing role and an excellent chance to help shape the growth of the El Rayo brand for years to come as you grow within the company.
- Helping to execute our events strategy and be the face of the brand at all events and samplings, ensuring we reach new audiences with first class experiential activity.
- Working closely with our Operations Manager to ensure all logistics are arranged prior to events and any stock requests are dealt with swiftly.
- Pitching ideas for brand partnerships that elevate the brand beyond the world of drinks and help us to attract a new generation of tequila drinkers, working closely with the co-founder and brand manager to ensure all partnership activity is delivered to an excellent standard.
- Supporting with all trade marketing activities. Being an ambassador for El Rayo and building relationships with our key customers in the on trade, pitching ideas for how we can add value to their venues and bring the Tequila & Tonic to life with their customers.
- Supporting with all things social and email. Pitching new and interesting ideas, scheduling posts and interacting with our followers on a daily basis.
- Helping to bring the brand to life with beautiful content. Supporting creative shoots, developing original content angles and consistently capturing all marketing activity.
- Constantly researching Mexican art, design and creativity for new and inspiring ways to bring Mexico to life with our audience.
What You Might Look Like
- 1-2 years marketing experience with a FMCG brand (preferred but not required, graduates encouraged to apply).
- You have an extremely creative mindset, are constantly curious and relish the idea of pushing the boundaries of what a spirits brand should do.
- You’re fearless and not afraid to challenge ideas and share your opinion on how we can do things better.
- You have serious levels of organisation and feel excited by the prospect of working in a fast paced environment.
- You have an artistic approach, a design-led ethos runs through everything you do.
- You’re a team player and will always look to go above and beyond what is required.
- You’re social media savvy with your finger on the pulse with what the best and brightest brands are up to.
Perks and Extras
- Competitive salary and equity scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- London-based flexible working policy - option of 3 days a week WFH and 1 month a year from anywhere in the world.
- Monthly team socials and events.
- Personal development budget to get the training and skills required to excel at the role.
- Free tequila obviously.