Lyst offers a unique opportunity to work on a premium shopping platform, which is both a trusted partner to the world’s leading fashion brands and a global consumer-facing product. Over 150 million people use the Lyst app and website each year to shop an assortment of 8 million items via a highly personalised experience. Lyst is a scale-up environment, combining an agile mentality with a proven business model and over a decade of experience. This provides a balance between foundations and structure, and autonomy and pace. Our goal is to be the category leading destination for every fashion shopper.
Data and technology sit at the heart of everything we do, and we firmly believe that we can only meet our goals by prioritising our team and culture. We give our people the freedom to drive impact and shape the future of our company, within a diverse, inclusive and high-trust environment. We don’t rely on prescriptive rules, policies and procedures to drive results. We trust the judgement and ownership of our team, and prioritise learning and career development, knowing that our success is only possible thanks to our people. Lyst was founded in London in 2010, and has raised over $160m from leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Molten Ventures, Fidelity International, and LVMH.
We are looking for a data analyst to join our Analytics Chapter. We record nearly 100 million lines of data daily and need you to help us make sense of it. We need you to deliver the insights that will help us grow, influence future strategy and support everyone in the business to be data-driven. Our stack includes; Snowflake, dbt, Looker, AWS, and Hex, and we work in both Python or R.
Lyst is a fashion marketplace. We have a catalogue consisting of millions of products across thousands of designers. Our product leaders require a data-driven advisor to evaluate our catalogue offering and conduct statistically rigorous analysis. In this role, you will join our cross-functional BI & Analytics squad of Analysts and Analytics Engineers, whilst being embedded in the Catalogue Tribe.
As part of the Catalogue Tribe, you’ll join a cross-functional department of engineers, data scientists, data analysts, product managers, and fashion experts. The Catalogue Tribe builds, maintains, deduplicates, and enriches the world’s largest fashion catalogue of 8M+ in-stock products, enabling a seamless shopping experience and deep personalisation for our customers. As Lyst is inventory-free, the Catalogue Tribe’s work is foundational to all of Lyst’s business operations, including retailer onboarding and the customer experience.
Your day to day will include:Delivering analytical research projects, helping guide the product team’s strategy through your insights. Working alongside product managers, engineers, and data scientists to champion and embed best practices in rapid experimentation. Contributing to, and supporting the overarching Catalogue strategy by proactively finding opportunities through data analysis. Helping to size and prioritise product initiatives. Identifying areas in which we are weak analytically and scoping out improvements to enable us to have a greater impact. Helping to define metrics that ensure we are delivering value on both sides of the marketplace. Working with analytics engineering to model and build out new data sets that enable the team to generate better insights or develop new reports.
- Minimum 2 years working within a data or BI squad
- Experience working in a tech startup/scaleup environment, comfortable with a changing environment and agile methodologies
- A great communicator, comfortable working directly with engineers and product teams
- Experience in analysing large, complex data sets and producing clear actionable insights
- Ability to prioritise problems in order to focus on the biggest issues for our customers and retailers
- Desire to make better decisions and influence strategy through analysis and recommendations
- A keen desire to be part of the Lyst culture
- You'll be able to spot opportunities to automate repetitive tasks
- Professional experience using an advanced level of SQL to manipulate large data sets (transactions, complex joins, CTEs, window functions)
- Expertise in a BI tool (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI or equivalent)
- Python, dbt and git experience would be a great bonus
- Flexible Working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration. If due to unique circumstances this doesn’t quite work, we are open to listening to what will.
- Time Off: In addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays, you will receive 29 holidays per year. Lyst’s holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive Family Leave Package: This includes Enhanced Family Leave for those eligible, paid Time off for Dependents and Support for Fertility Treatment & Loss.
- Clothing Benefit: We want you to enjoy using the Lyst app and site as much as our customers, so we provide you with a clothing allowance to use on Lyst every year. This starts at £250 when you join and increases up to £1,000 with your length of service.
- Private Healthcare: Our healthcare provider is Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Training Allowance: We’re big on continuous learning and growth, so all employees are currently entitled to an annual training allowance of £1,000. This can be used to attend conferences, industry events, training courses and to purchase resources.
- Pension Scheme: Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. We offer a minimum employee contribution of 5% and 3% employer contribution.
- Eye Tests and Vouchers: Employees can make a saving on their eye test and glasses through our chosen provider. You’ll receive a free eye test every year and a discount towards glasses.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Lyst will purchase a bicycle from your chosen retailer, you will then receive a voucher to pick up your bicycle from them.
- Transport Season Ticket Loan: Employees can apply for an interest free season ticket loan to support your travel to work.
- Social Events: Frequent company wide social events including Christmas & summer parties, sports days, themed drinks, quizzes, cook alongs, as well as smaller team socials. We also have plenty of interest based groups such as football, running club, book club, culinary and more.
We want to build a world where fashion works for everyone, and we want teams that are just as inclusive. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture at Lyst. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. We are happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lyst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.