So Energy was created in 2015 because we know there’s never a good reason to have a bad experience with your energy provider. Since then our renewable energy business has grown rapidly, with over 300,000 customers and 300+ So Energist and we aren’t done. Our next goal is to supply renewable energy to 1 million UK customers by the end of 2026 and we are going to succeed in that mission by leveraging technology, remaining customer-centric and hiring people with a passion for sustainability.
If you're thinking of joining us then your timing couldn't be more perfect. In late 2021 So Energy joined forces with ESB Energy to become the UK’s next big green energy supplier.
Our People - So Energists
Whether you are helping our customers gain energy independence through solar panelling and EV charges or delivering best-in-class customer service to one of our renewable energy customers there are six things all So Energists have in common, our values:
Who we’re looking for?
An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, works well within a team and is passionate about what they do. You should enjoy working in a target driven environment where you will be rewarded through a performance bonus for delivering an exceptional customer experience. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key; both when interacting with our customers, as well as with fellow team members. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person that can work at speed and to KPIs without compromising on the quality of experience they deliver to the customer.
What you’ll be doing:
As our customers’ primary point of contact during difficult times, you’ll be the friendly voice of So Energy, negotiating payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly direct debit, making outbound and receiving inbound contacts (calls and emails) from customers unable or unwilling to maintain payments while use your expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people, ensuring that we continue to deliver our 5* rated customer service. You'll spend your time speaking to customers over the phone both inbound and outbound and working across an omni-channel customer service platform that will require you to work on email and web chat.
- Experience negotiating payment arrangements for underpaying customers on monthly direct debit
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of delivering against targets or KPIs
- The ability to priorities your own work to deliver the best outcomes
- Previous experience in Customer Service or Accounts Payable
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of £28,323 plus performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with an extra day for your birthday!
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub
- Life assurance 4x base salary
- Great reward and recognition
- Regular company socials
- An opportunity to work in a fast-changing changing industry, as a leading disruptor in the field
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
Working hours: 08:30 -17:30 Monday - Friday
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.