Founded in May 2015, Papier is a London based start-up, which has raised ~£45 million since launch and is one of the fastest growing start-ups in the UK and US. We recently placed 8th on LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups. Papier’s collection of stationery products, from notebooks & diaries to notecards and wedding invitations, is designed to feed curiosity and contemplation, to invite people to uncover the possibility of a blank page.
We are looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join Papier’s small but mighty Merchandising Team to ensure that our amazing stationery products are in the right place in the right quantities at the right time. Reporting into the Merchandiser and working closely with the Buying Team, you’ll be instrumental in maximising Papier’s sales and profitability through careful planning and trading.
As an agile, fast-growing start-up, you’ll have the unique and exciting opportunity to help shape our Merchandising function and you’ll get a lot of exposure and responsibility in your role from day one. We’re looking for someone with proven merchandising experience who is analytical, commercially minded and incredibly proactive with a can-do attitude to join our friendly team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Merchandiser to identify trading lessons learnt and set product strategies
- Working with a Buying Team counterpart to take ownership for range planning specific categories, supported by the Merchandiser
Analysis and Trading:
- Creating and analysing weekly, monthly and seasonal trade performance reports, and communicating findings to the wider business
- Identifying trade opportunities and risks, and recommending actions
- Using tools including line cards and WSSIs to review sales, stock and intake across all our range to ensure we have optimum stock levels across all trading channels
- Identifying stock opportunities and risks, and recommending actions
- Managing the Delivery Schedule, maintaining accurate PO dates whilst working with Buying & Operations to ensure the timeliness of all deliveries into the business
- Developing an excellent working knowledge of the Papier ERP system (Netsuite) and ensuring all stock information is accurate and admin is maintained
Shaping our merchandising function:
- Constantly iterating on our reports, tools and processes to ensure our buying and merchandising function runs as efficiently and productively as possible
You are super commercial with proven merchandising experience:
- You have at least 2 years of merchandising experience including both planning and trading experience
- You have a super commercial mindset
You are highly analytical:
- You genuinely love working with numbers
- You default to data for decision making
- You have exceptionally high attention to detail
- You love identifying and solving hard problems
- You have experience working with Excel including formulas and pivot tables
You will thrive working in a small Merchandising Team in a start-up environment:
- You’re proactive and always looking for ways to drive both the merchandising function and the wider business forward
- You do your best work in a fast-paced environment
- You can multitask whilst always making sure the important stuff gets done
- You’re willing to get stuck into a wide range of tasks including more administrative tasks
- You’re excited to work in a function that’s still establishing its processes, tools and reporting
- You’ll be comfortable being the most junior member of a small merchandising team
You are a strong, proactive communicator:
- You proactively find ways to keep the wider team in the loop on what you’re working on
- You’re confident working cross-functionally, managing upwards and influencing key stakeholders
- You are a master at bringing data to life and adept at explaining commercial insights to both data-driven and more creative people
- You have very clear written and verbal communication.
This is a hybrid role which will require you to work 2-3 days per week in our beautiful Camden-based office.
- We recognise the need for a work-life balance and offer a hybrid working model of 2 days in the office at Maison Papier, our lovely Camden office.
- 25 days annual leave per year + buy an extra five days.
- 20 days per year to Work from Anywhere.
- Private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality Health (including 50% off gym memberships with Virgin Active, Pure Gym and more).
- Enrolment into the Papier Pension scheme through the People Pension.
- Enhanced parental leave policies.
- Cycle to work loan scheme.
- £75 personal stationery allowance, and £150 to spend on our Occasion stationery for a lifetime special event
- 40% staff discount along with a family and friends discount.
- Papier with Purpose. We give back to the community and offer 2 days paid per year to volunteer for a cause you/we care about.
- Constant access to mental health, well-being resources and support from our in-house first aiders.
- Weekly team lunches & regular cultural trips.
- Our pooches are a part of the Papier team and you may see them from time to time in Maison Papier.
- Inclusive and friendly team who will make you feel welcome from day one.
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies and ways of working to ensure everyone can make the most of their time with at Papier.