We are currently operating Tandem on a hybrid work from home / work from office arrangement.
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £40,000 + up to 20% bonus
Tandem is the bank that makes the world a better place. We empower our customers to do the right thing for themselves and for the planet.
As the world adjusts to find its “new normal” we believe that people are taking a fresh look at how they use money. They want to build healthy habits that are good for their future and to use their spending power to enable a more sustainable world.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
We’re building an amazing team in and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Infrastructure Engineer to jump on board.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, server farms on-premise and in Azure, the corporate WiFi and O365 involving close collaboration with the Information Security Team
If you’re innovative, curious and not afraid of a challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will join a Team of 3 Network Engineers of varying experience, working to deliver an integrated environment of 3 legacy domains. This will include network, AD, O365. This is an exciting role, perfect for a motivated and passionate candidate.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Be committed to providing the best possible experience to our group: taking ownership of problems, responding in a timely and professional manner, meeting your service targets, and maintaining excellent case and project documentation
- Maintaining our existing environments (servers, security, network, monitoring and backup)
- Act as an escalation for the Service Desk and assist with resolving issues
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure continuity of good service
- On-site office visits
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- IT degree or relevant industry experience (minimum 3 years in a similar role)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and customer service attitude and an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Able to self-manage projects and tickets without micro-management
- Proven experience of installing and supporting of Windows Server (VMWare, Hyper-V and Azure)
- Windows Server AD, Group Policies, PowerShell
- Backup and Recovery (MS Backup, Azure, Veeam)
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft 365 administration (Azure AD)
- Hyper-V & VMware
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- installing and maintaining network LAN switches
- Experience of firewalls, routing, VLAN, VPN and wireless (Paulo Alto firewall, Juniper, HP, Netgear switches)
- Cisco Meraki
- Linux (Ubuntu Server)
- Technical qualifications (MSP, MCSE, CCNA, Azure, etc.)
Qualities we look for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgement and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.