Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 650+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 125M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You have passion and experience in running well-organized events and tournaments. You are not only a chess fan, but a fan of anything competitive gaming. You understand that chess has a truly global community spanning all timezones, and are comfortable working occasional early mornings, evenings, or weekends. You hold fairness and competitive integrity above all else, with particular care for the player experience.
You’ll work with our VP of Esports and our team of Event Coordinators to operate and support the largest online chess events in the world. You’ve formerly worked in event management or have organized chess and/or gaming tournaments. You have a passion for chess (no matter your rating) and we don’t need to tell you what SCC stands for!
What You’ll Do
Chess.com has created some of the most iconic events in online chess history. From PogChamps to the Champions Chess Tour to the Pro Chess League, we’ve been leading the charge in building innovative online chess events - and it’s only going to get bigger and better from here!
- Provide logistical preparation and live support during Chess.com events and live broadcasts
- Communicate with and manage the needs of players and staff
- Create and maintain leaderboards and scoreboards for events
- Ensure rules compliance and escalate issues
- Assist with prize fulfillment for events
- Work closely with the fair play team to support their workflows
- Knowledge of the chess community and events
- Understanding of various tournament formats (Round-Robin, Swiss, Single/Double Elimination, etc)
- Experience organizing or operating chess and/or gaming tournaments
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Comfortable communicating simultaneously through multiple channels (Slack, Zoom, Discord)
- Proficiency with Google Sheets
- Experience working in live broadcast environments for gaming events
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools for tournament operations such as Challonge, Start.gg, and Battlefy, as well as Chess.com’s own software.
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been, always will be!)
- This is open to applicants based in US or EU timezones
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!