Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, powered by our Series B funding, Unmind has grown to a 180 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them – which is why we’re looking for an exceptional leader to join as our Director of Revenue Marketing (B2B).
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Director of Revenue Marketing (B2B)
As our Director of Revenue Marketing (B2B) you will be responsible for leading the revenue-focused side of our marketing function, overseeing and scaling a multidisciplinary team managing Regional Marketing Leads, Performance Marketing, and Customer Marketing. The core objective will be to build a world-class Demand Generation team that drives Unmind's future growth - contributing to the design and build of a full-funnel marketing strategy that attracts and nurtures prospects from around the world - while developing a launch pad for team members to flourish and grow into successful careers across the commercial function.
We’re looking for someone who is extremely passionate about delivering the best prospect and customer experience, unwaveringly candid, and exceptionally revenue driven. You'll need a strong belief that marketing can be a key differentiator in driving commercial success, working in close collaboration with our wider commercial and brand functions.
As we continue to scale quickly, the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Lead: Our high-performing team will be looking to you to set the standard when it comes to everything from work ethic, to work-life balance and how you carry yourself both personally and professionally. As such, we expect that you must lead by example, embodying the Unmind values, even when no one is watching.
- Coach: Ensure that our existing team and future hires have everything they need to thrive and develop. This team is not only the nurturing ground for those who want to progress into our broader marketing team, but given the invaluable transferable skills that they will acquire, it will also act as the launch pad into other departments within Unmind.
- Execute: Oversee and drive targeted demand-generation and nurture activities that drive qualified pipeline, cross-sell / up-sell opportunities, and ultimately closed revenue, focussing on the performance and optimisation of the entire funnel. This will include executing multi-channel campaigns including, but not limited to, events, search, display, email, direct mail, ABM, and content syndication.
- Collaborate: The function sits at the intersection of Brand, Sales, and Commercial Operations. The role will require strong interpersonal and leadership skills to maintain close alignment and collaboration with leaders and stakeholders across the business.
- Learn: Become an expert on the HR, Health Tech, and corporate wellbeing landscape across the globe and utilise market insights to advise our go-to-market teams on segmentation, use cases, buyer personas, and potential partnerships.
- Clarity: Ensuring marketing activity is as transparent to the business as possible by establishing marketing best practices and processes through data cleanliness and metrics. All of this will help support the quest for proving the ROI of marketing and its work.
- Optimise: Working closely with the Commercial Operations team, you will be responsible for driving efficiencies and improvements across every element of the demand generation process, continuously evaluating the performance and ROI of campaigns, and adjusting demand tactics and our strategy accordingly. In addition to this, it's imperative that the team have a formal and ongoing training program, and that we are leveraging all the tools and systems at their disposal.
- Deliver: Ultimately, you’ll be driven to hit and then overachieve on our ambitious growth targets, getting us one step closer to achieving our mission of improving the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, experience in the following is important.
- Extensive experience in the global B2B SaaS industry - experience in the UK, US, and ANZ is required.
- Proven experience of scaling multi-channel marketing programs, and leading a global team of Field Marketing Managers, Demand Generation Specialists, Performance Marketers, and Customer Marketing Managers.
- Master of prioritisation and laser-focused on bias toward action, outcomes and results
- Appetite and evidence of using experimentation to drive growth in new channels, formats and audiences.
- Track record of success when it comes to both hiring new team members and inheriting existing team members and leveraging a coaching mindset to ensure opportunities for internal progression into the broader commercial team, as well as internal teams outside of sales/marketing (e.g. Client Success, Product etc).
- Analytical and metrics-driven with an understanding of marketing tech stack to manage and monitor marketing activities. Hands-on experience of working with relevant Marketing platforms such as Salesforce, Pardot, Outreach.io, Discover.org, ZoomInfo, Drift etc.
- Articulate and direct communicator, both verbal and written – with the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace