We’ve come a long way since 2004—and we’re just getting started.
As one of the longest-standing independent coffee roasters on UK shores, the love of coffee fuels everything we do. We work to challenge the expected, crafting tangible experiences and products that are impactful and progressive. We work hard, and with integrity, to shape and share exceptional coffee, fairly, with all. As an B Corp accredited coffee roaster, we’re not here to jump on bandwagons. No greenwashing. No jargon: an inclusive, global community, listening and speaking up for the future we believe in.
We build, nurture, and champion relationships at the source, celebrating farmers, cooperatives, and producers. We support direct trade, traceability, and quality. From crop, to cup, every step of our journey is considered; we’re proud to be held accountable, always striving for better ways to do business, placing people and planet before profit.
Dedicated, curious, driven, and open-minded, we’re not afraid to push boundaries and shape positive change. With a growing team of award-winning coffee professionals, a world-class coffee programme, six coffee shops, an ever-evolving product range, we continue to work hard to create inclusive spaces within Origin as well as everywhere we go, where conversations can grow. We move fast yet stay grounded, cutting paths through the noise, and have a lot of fun along the way. We’re here for ideas, rolling up our sleeves, and sharing new perspectives. Opportunities are on the table—yours to shape, with full support.
Join us in pursuit of coffee excellence.
This role will be responsible for training, development, and account management within Origin’s wholesale business. The focus will be managing high-quality wholesale accounts, emphasising independents and multi-sites, including independent café’s, hotels, restaurants, and high-end retail. Account retention and sales are key, and time spent supporting our existing customer base, including barista training and development, to ensure we are always driving quality and consistency with each account. You will demonstrate your natural ability to support growth through organic business through hard work, passion, determination and a love of our industry.
You will apply your strong coffee background for both product and equipment, with the ability to host tastings, cuppings, education events and internal competitions for existing customers. You will be expected to take your customers on a journey from enquiry to set-up, onboarding support, and bespoke training plans to implementation, including coffee choices, equipment suggestions, bar design, workflow, and ongoing training development. As a key stakeholder of Origin’s wholesale and training team, you will advise on new projects for Origin’s coffee programme and explore opportunities tailored to each account.
Your key working relationships will be with our customer service and in-house technical teams to diagnose minor technical issues and ensure equipment is fully maintained. You will sometimes be the main point of contact and know when to triage or take responsibility for the situation.
Your main areas of focus are:
- Account management
- Sales and commercial objectives
- Relationship management
- Education and collaboration
- Performance analysis and sales strategies
- Market knowledge and relationship development.
In this customer-focused and training-driven role, your main responsibilities will revolve around account management, customer retention, and providing exceptional service. Key responsibilities of the role are:
- You will own and manage multiple accounts of varying sizes and locations. This includes maintaining and nurturing client relationships through regular communication and CRM-led activities.
- Working closely with the wholesale team, you will contribute to achieving quarterly sales targets and top-line commercial objectives. This involves leveraging your strong coffee knowledge to deliver exceptional training standards to customers of all sizes.
- You will provide exceptional service through various channels, including phone calls, emails, location visits, networking events, and other Origin-led opportunities. Additionally, you will manage and resolve customer grievances promptly and effectively.
- This role demands a hybrid working approach, including frequent travel and attending multiple customers within specific timeframes across London. You will be adaptable to accommodate last-minute changes and effectively prioritise customer needs.
- You will continuously educate customers at various levels of their specialty coffee journey. Regular liaison with cross-departments, including customer service, technical, and wholesale teams, ensures ongoing support for your accounts.
- You will analyse your own performance and, with the support of your line manager, develop sales strategies to maximise sales and account growth.
- You will have and continue to develop a comprehensive understanding of the UK coffee market, including partners, external stakeholders, competitors, and industry trends. You will also actively seek new relationships, identify cross-selling opportunities, and maximise the potential for growth and development.
- As an Origin Ambassador, you will embody the company's shared core values and behaviours, representing the brand with integrity and professionalism.
This role requires a customer-centric approach, strong relationship management skills, a deep understanding of specialty coffee, and the ability to work autonomously while achieving sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, these are the things that matter the most:
- You will have demonstrable experience in the specialty coffee sector with a deep understanding of the industry, its trends, and best practices. Your natural talent for creating connections within the industry will help you build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- You possess strong commercial awareness and the ability to understand client needs and priorities. This includes the capacity to balance business objectives and client requirements while maintaining a focus on quality. Your ability to identify growth opportunities and prioritise effectively will contribute to the success of your accounts and the growth of Origin’s wholesale activity.
- As a key customer-facing representative of Origin, you must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to lead conversations and coordinate efforts across various departments. Building solid relationships with cross-department stakeholders is important for collaboration, achieving shared goals and best practices in communication. Your ability to influence and inspire others, based on a foundation of trust and confidence in Origin's capabilities, is crucial.
These qualities and your demonstrated experience and skills will enable you to manage accounts effectively, identify opportunities, and provide exceptional service to clients in the specialty coffee industry.
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, the following qualifications and experience are important:
- You should have a degree in the hospitality or business sector or equivalent relevant experience. This educational background or experience will provide you with a solid foundation in the industry and a deep understanding of its dynamics.
- Demonstrable sales experience within the hospitality industry, preferably with a reputable business, is essential. This experience will showcase your ability to drive sales, meet targets, and effectively communicate with clients to understand their needs and provide suitable solutions.
- You should have a track record of delivering against key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets in your previous roles. This demonstrates your ability to set goals, plan strategies, and execute plans to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in self-led initiatives and the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload effectively are important. This highlights your organisational skills, proactive nature, and ability to work independently to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
- Effective communication is crucial in this role, both in written and verbal forms. You should be comfortable communicating in various situations, such as in person, over the phone, via email, and during events. Additionally, experience in presenting to audiences or similar social events will be advantageous. Ideally, you love a bit of limelight!
- You should have experience working both independently and as part of a team. The ability to align with core values and work towards business objectives collaboratively is essential for seamless teamwork and achieving shared goals.
- Experience working for a B-Corp accredited organisation or similar working space, focusing on addressing the climate crisis and driving positive change, is beneficial. This aligns with Origin's values and commitment to sustainability.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (MO365) packages and other digital systems, including CRM and stock inventory systems, is important for efficient operations and data management.
- Possessing a full UK clean driving license is preferable, as this role may require travel to various locations for client visits and other business-related purposes.
These qualifications and experiences will contribute to your success in managing accounts, achieving sales targets, and effectively communicating with clients in the specialty coffee industry.
Up to £32,000 FTE per annum
29 days holiday, including bank holidays and your birthday off (pro-rata for part-time)
Employer (5%) and Employee (3%) pension contribution – employees can increase their contribution.
Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
We provide our employees with a toolkit for preventing and addressing mental health crises in and out of work, providing genuine support, safety, and happiness in the workplace.
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, IVF Journey Leave and Pay
We recognise the importance of family and provide enhanced pay to support all parents and their journey to becoming one
Transitioning at Work Policy
We want everyone at Origin Coffee to feel comfortable being themselves at work. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and supporting our colleagues who identify as trans, and providing support through any transitioning process.
Financial Well-being Support
We have partnered with Wagestream, a financial well-being provider that offers financial coaching, money management, debt advice, and individually tailored advice.
Employee Assistant Programme
A comprehensive suite of support from our EAP Hospitality Action, including help with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
Continued Professional Development
We invest in all our employees by supporting personal development and encouraging you to broaden your experience and learning potential, led by you.
Everyone who works for Origin can embark on the SCA training programme. Depending on your learning readiness, you can dip your toe in or immerse yourself fully. It’s pretty addictive!
An Employee Referral Scheme
Once you join Origin, you’ll want to introduce like-minded people to us. When you do, they settle in and pass their probation, and you earn £200
Two days per year off for volunteering, cycle to work scheme, free coffee at work and to take home, discounts in all our cafes and on our merchandise and partners. And, of course, regular social and team events serve exceptional food, drink, and fantastic coffee!
Initial phone screening call (30 mins) Capabilities and culture-t interview onsite or remote depending on location and availability (1-1.5 hours)
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best, please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.