Pawprint is an employee engagement platform for climate action. Our main focus is embedding sustainability across the goals and mindset of businesses and helping everyone at all levels play their part. It’s true that one person turning off a light isn’t going to solve the problem, but if large groups of people act, spend and speak in a purposeful way…big change is possible!
That being said, we recognise the scale of individual versus business’ carbon footprints, so we are actively seeking out ways to help the latter align with science-based net zero too. Currently, we deliver data back to business customers to help them make informed decisions about the direction of their operations. We have big plans to do even more in this space.
In terms of what it’s like to work at Pawprint, we’re a certified B Corp, Living Wage Employer, and 1% for the Planet member. We strive to walk the walk and act as a shining example for all stakeholders.
A note on diversity: to beat climate change, diversity of thought and experience is essential. Pawprint is dedicated to hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – if your experience (life or work) has something to add, please let us know in your cover letter!
- Development of new and existing features for the Pawprint App (iOS and Android), PWA and accompanying brochure site
- Collaborating with designers and UX consultants to deliver an attractive and effective user experience
- Building reusable components and translating designs and concepts into high-quality, maintainable and performant code
- Working in the Development Team, contributing ideas and critiques to help scope and implement best-fit technical solutions to business and user requirements
- Experience in React, as well as familiarity with associated FE technologies (NPM/Yarn, Webpack, SCSS)
- Experience using TypeScript
- Experience using Jest and Playwright for testing
- Confidence working with Git
- Experience working with Ionic
- Experience using Next.js
- Experience with React Query
- Experience working with Storybook
- Experience developing mobile applications and Progressive Web Applications
- Solid UI/UX experience
- Understanding of SEO & Accessibility principles
- Knowledge of design tools such as, Figma etc.
- Comfortable using Linux and common CLI tools
- Familiarity with Docker
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines
- Experience contributing to OSS projects
- GitHub/GitLab profile with examples of your work
- Knowledge of other programming languages
Social and Environmental Responsibilities:
Pawprint is keen to ensure that all employees are socially and environmentally responsible and that management decisions are considerate of these responsibilities at all times. There needs to be a balance between the economy and the ecosystem, hence we make all decisions based on their impact in the following areas:
- Environmental - all efforts are made to undertake business in an environmentally friendly manner. For example, we have a no flight policy for domestic travel and employees have the freedom to work flexibly where possible
- Philanthropic - we will actively support our nominated charities through financial donations each month and support employees in using charitable days to volunteer for causes personal to them
- Economic - we will strive to build a strong business financially with the aim to invest further in developments that allow us to extend our reach and drive further carbon reduction globally
- Ethical - we will always consider the ethics of our business partners and suppliers, to ensure we support fair trade and fair working practices and any investments we make will be environmentally conscious
To ensure we achieve this as an organisation we will use these four areas as a checklist for all business decisions we undertake, and will share them internally with all staff so they can be fully aware of our process and policy.
- Approx £50k salary depending on your level of experience
- 32 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Additional day off on your birthday (or nearest working day)
- 2 additional Slow travel days per year
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. Your professional growth is important to us.
- Flexible working where possible. We like being in the office because it should be fun. All the same if you need to leave early to make the school run, that’s no problem.
- Spending decisions based on value, not cost. We have a hugely important and urgent mission, supportive investors and a high quality team - no false economies here.
- Working on something that matters - addressing climate change is the world's biggest problem
You will be responsible for your own work and approach, however any decisions with the potential to significantly impact the product and its framework should be discussed and approved by the Head of Technology
The role can be hybrid (we have an Edinburgh office you are welcome to use) or fully remote - we want the best people, as long as you have a UK working visa. There will be considerable travel to customers (by foot, bike or train wherever possible) and home working is actively supported.
The position will report directly to the Head of technology.
There is a competitive package available. Full details to be discussed at a later stage.
For further information and an initial confidential discussion please contact Jeanette Bromage on email@example.com.