📍Location: Remote | 💰 £40,000 to £65,000 + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Health Team:
The Financial Health team forms part of the Borrowing Collective at Monzo and supports the broader mission to help people achieve their financial goals through better borrowing. Sometimes things don't go to plan for our customers and they need our support.
The Financial Health team's objective is to nurture customers back to a good, or healthy financial situation. There is a real emphasis on not just solving the short term problem for our customers but to promote longer term positive outcomes.
As a Collections Manager you will join the team in Financial Health that work closest to the Operation. You will work with our existing Collections Manager to manage and oversee a team of analysts who support Collections, Recoveries and Back office. The team is responsible for oversight, insight and change delivery as well as developing and maintaining knowledge management to ensure good customer outcomes are achieved. This is monitored through Quality Assurance and also Service level monitoring.
What you’ll be working on:
As our borrowing footprint grows and a level of economic uncertainty could mean more customers need our support. We are looking for more innovative ways of offering support to our customers. This ranges from creating more self-serve opportunities, more automated and improved journeys for our processes and improved tooling for our Customer Operatives, all with an objective to help the customer find the most suitable solution for their needs.
There are a number of awesome initiatives coming in H2 of 2023 and a ton of space to create new ideas and make a difference. We are a fast paced team who thrive in driving change and making improvements, if this sounds a little bit like you, read on!
- Maintain performance against Key Performance Indicators across Collections, Recoveries & Back office, for example service levels and customer outcome metrics. Identify areas for improvement and lead analysts within the team to develop with root cause analysis & improvement plans
- Support & Coach more junior team members with day to day responsibilities on running the team, such as:
- Oversight of our key metrics
- Goal/project delivery
- Writing/updating process/guidance
- Creating and delivery of adhoc coaching/training
- Closing gaps/risks through specific actions
- Change and embedment plans
- Support and work with the Senior Collections Manager with planning and initiatives on a short, medium and long term roadmap
- Manage and be point of contact for key projects/change within the team
- Liaise and build a partnership with Customer Operations - within the Financial Health team, to support Team Managers and their Operations Manager/s to work effectively across the teams
- Work close with Ops Squad Lead to manage roadmap and team priorities
- Line management responsibilities for analysts
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience within Financial Difficulties, ideally Collections, Recoveries & Third party debt solutions
- You have significant experience managing at the level of a senior team manager or Operations Manager
- You ideally have an understanding of operational/call centre KPIs including service level oversight & Quality Assurance
- You have experience in managing and running projects/leading large scale change
- You have experience being data led to drive change
- You enjoy coaching and getting results through people
- You have a collaborative and inclusive approach to how you work within a team
- You are hands on and roll your sleeves up when required
- You are a great communicator
- You thrive under pressure and comfortable working on multiple priorities
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- First stage - Phone interview with hiring manager or recruiter
- Second stage - Written assessment
- Third stage - Role specific interview & Values interview (virtual)
- If successful - Coffee chat (virtual)
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 Salary range £40,000 to £65,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in ourblog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.