Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a high-performing team with 155 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love to talk to you about our Senior Management Accountant position.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
At Unmind we believe in “Uniting Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Senior Management Accountant
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, the need to maintain accurate transactional records in order to achieve our future goals will only continue to increase as the business scales.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join as in a Senior Management Accountant role. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you’ll be supporting the whole business with a focus on the accounts payable function and month-end whilst ensuring all of our financial reporting is as accurate and timely as possible for both internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of management accounts for 3 legal entities including all month end adjustments such as accruals, prepayments, deferred revenue, depreciation and payroll.
- Monthly reporting to external to internal stakeholders.
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations in Unmind Group.
- Supporting Finance Assistant with accounts payable.
- Supporting Group Financial Controller and working closely with our external accountants on Statutory Audit.
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller with various ongoing projects and process improvement.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
What we would like to see (Essential)
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA with 0-2 years PQE
- Familiarity with Xero and FinTech Stack e.g. Pleo, Dext
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Naturally inquisitive and have a desire to improve things, in other words, you don’t require an invitation to explore and challenge the status quo.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities, capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- A willingness to get hands on
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
Nice to have
- Experience within a B2B SaaS environment.
- Able to communicate with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and to communicate and work collaboratively with non-finance colleagues and with employees at all levels.
- Start Up/Scale Up experience
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace