About HIVED 📦
The world needs logistics solutions that are better for people and the environment. That’s where HIVED comes in. We are a London-based climate and logistics start-up building the first-ever sustainable parcel delivery network at scale, now shipping for over 100 brands including ASOS, Minor Figures, Allpress, Pip & Nut and more. A tech company at heart, we have built a modern tech stack and intelligent routing, and are massively innovative in a traditional industry.
All of this means businesses can get emission-free deliveries with better service at more affordable prices. It’s parcel delivery reimagined; better all around for everyone, from start to end, warehouse to doorstep.
Our tight-knit team is made up of ex-Revolut, Bain, GoPuff, ASOS, Apple, Amazon and Bulb employees, and we are backed by some of Europe's leading investors and VCs in climate-tech, logistics and mobility including Maersk Growth, Pale Blue Dot VC, Eka Ventures, the British government and more.
Role Overview 📝
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Warehouse Shift Manager who will run the day time operations of our North Woolwich depot. Working within our Live Ops team across both the depot and head office, you’ll be responsible for the managing all of the drivers that start their work from our depot as well as the depot support team that ensure the depot and vehicles are maintained to a high standard. The ideal candidate is excited to take accountability for ensuring the day shift runs smoothly and can work diligently and independently to ensure all tasks are completed on time. This role requires strong computer literacy, organisation skills and a professional work ethic.
The exact shift pattern of this role is to be decided but there is flexibility for this role to be part-time (2-4 days a week) or full time (5 days a week). The shifts will mainly be approximately 7am - 11pm with flexibility required.
- Ensuring all drivers set off efficiently in the morning
- Receiving all inbound vehicles, unloading and storing parcels
- Ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the depot are running efficiently
- Supervising a small team to ensure all parcel issues are sorted quickly and all vehicle issues are attended to
- Monitoring and supporting drivers to make deliveries as efficient as possible
- Analysing data to improve and streamline our delivery processes
- Reliable and always dependable
- Proactive in resolving issues and suggesting improvements for future developments
- Diligent, trustworthy and very level headed under pressure
- Comfortable using and adapting to software systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Passionate about the HIVED mission and sustainability more generally
- Full-time contract with salary of £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Potential for equity (shares) in the company
- 25 leave days
- Brand new laptop
- Growth and progression within the organisation based on success in the role
- Huge opportunity for learning in a high growth environment
- Joining a diverse and driven team