Tackle a vital challenge, with great people. Voice 21 exists to transform young people’s learning and life chances through talk and we are aiming to be working with 2,000 schools a year by 2025. To reach this goal we recruit great people and give them real responsibility, training and support.
Output-focused culture, with flexible working opportunities. We have an agile and flexible approach – our team can work when and wherever works best to deliver the requirements of their role. For staff working at home, we support them to create a workspace and provide technology that enables them to work effectively.
Real development opportunities. We believe in supporting people to develop the skills they need to be excellent – whether this means funding external training, finding a mentor to support them or giving them the time to learn from others in the organisations through our regular CPD sessions. We also offer paid study leave for team members taking part in formal studies outside of work. For more information on why we think you should apply for the role, see the “Why work for us” section at the end of this job description.
We are keen that the successful candidate has previous experience in product management, creating and implementing a vision for a product, as well as being member and impact focused in all their decision making.
● Strategic planning, management and communication of our membership offer and product lifecycle based on a deep understanding of member needs and organisational priorities.
● Define, prioritise and communicate the key features, specifications and requirements of the product roadmap.
● Work with the Head of Member Success to understand, develop and monitor member journeys, ensuring a seamless and engaging experience from onboarding to renewal.
● Work closely with our Senior Leadership Team (SLT), technology, member success, programmes and learning & impact and other teams to establish strategies and timelines for pricing, marketing, customer success, impact and retention.
● Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to ensure efficient collaboration, effective decision-making, and timely delivery of high-quality products.
● Analyse key product metrics, impact measures and user feedback to iterate and improve product features and user experience.
● Establish and foster a culture of product ownership at Voice 21, including line management of a small team.
● Conduct market research, competitor analysis, monitor the competitive landscape, identify competitor offerings, strengths, and weaknesses.
● As a member of our Extended Leadership Team (ELT), contribute to the organisation’s strategic direction and goals
● Actively contribute to Voice 21’s impact-led culture and role-model our values (trust, drive, expertise, connection).
What the role might look like:
Within 3 months, you’ll have:
● Got under the skin of our membership offer, the products within it and the impact we seek to create in our schools
● Built a clear understanding of our competitors and our place in the market
● Explored our current membership journey, value proposition and roadmap for Voice 21 Oracy Schools membership
Within 6 months, you’ll have:
● Worked with the Head of Member Success to iterate on our current membership journey
● Have built up good working relationships with Product Owners across the organisation, establishing a culture centred around our member’s needs and the impact of our offer
From 6 months onwards, we expect for you to be:
● Collaborating with key stakeholders to create a clear roadmap for all of the products in our membership offer
● Presenting the roadmap to the Senior Leadership team
● Implementing key product metrics and started to work with Product Owners to make recommendations for product improvements
This job is for you if you...
● Have significant previous product management experience and understanding of what a good product management function looks like
● Energy and drive to help us reach our ambitious goals
● Great people skills and enjoy mentoring others
● Are motivated by Voice 21’s mission to transform learning and life chances through talk
● Knowledge and experience in the Education sector is an advantage
Who you’ll work with:
● Product owners from across the organisation, including some who are your direct reports
● Our Extended Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team to align our membership with our vision and strategy
● Colleagues in our Engagement and Programme teams who deliver our membership to our schools