Job Title: Customer Relationship Manager (Personal Loans Team)
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (08.00 - 16.00)Contractual hours will include Monday to Saturday between 8am to 7pm. However, operationally our opening hours are currently 8am to 4pm (with a 45 minute lunch break). Any additional hours worked is factored into the departmental rota and /or lieu time is given.
Salary: dependent on experience up to £27,000 bonus and benefits
Location: Cardiff (CF10 5BT), 5 days a week in the office
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save. With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
Lead by our Operations Director, our Operations teams are responsible for all customer contact. The teams are the primary point of contact for customers including responding to inbound queries for the lifetime of the loan as well as supporting customers that are in financial difficulty and/or arrears. Our aim is to provide exceptional service to our customers by ensuring that we have knowledgeable, well trained operational colleagues to deliver the service that our customers expect of us. The Consumer Lending team helps thousands of consumers in the UK with our Personal Loans product, our aim is to ensure we provide a fair & affordable lending solution that is accessible to those often overlooked by mainstream lenders. We have reputation for providing excellent service, ensuring the customer is at the heart of all our decisions.
We offer careers that provide great opportunities to develop and progress alongside a fast-growing, forward-thinking business, allowing you to power your potential and thrive within Tandem, the greener, fairer bank!
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Actively engage and build trust with our customers providing information appropriate to their individual circumstances.
- Proactively manage all customer service-related inbound communication (via telephone, correspondence, email, portal) from customers and third parties as part of the servicing and arrears management of an unsecured loan.
- Identify situations that may require specialist handling (e.g. complaints, vulnerability, fraud) and refer these where appropriate.
- Knowledge and practical application of handling customer complaints, to include identifying complaints, logging and investigating with an aim to putting a resolution in place.
- Knowledge and practical application of dealing with vulnerable customers at first point of contact to ensure their specific needs are understood and they are treated with care and consideration.
- Proactively manage accounts in arrears by completing outbound contact to establish the root cause and identify options to assist the customer in rehabilitating their account whilst achieving Company objectives.
- Negotiate with customers and authorised third parties in financial difficulty regarding how to repay their arrears taking into consideration their individual personal circumstances.
- Knowledge and practical application of completing Income and Expenditure assessments and making repayment decisions in accordance with TCF principles and Company strategies.
- Attain and maintain own competence to Training and Competence Scheme demonstrated by ongoing adherence.
- Proactively challenge existing processes and take ownership for implementing positive changes which are within own span of control.
- Keep up to date with all Company/regulatory changes particularly those which affect own business area.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of the Operations and Company objectives and demonstrating Company values in everything you do.
- Adherence to and promotion of a culture of treating our customers fairly to deliver fair outcomes.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in a similar role within a financial services collection’s environment is preferable but not essential
- Understanding of how to interpret management information reports to enhance performance.
- Ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual target
Qualities we look for:
- Someone who will positively contribute to the team.
- Honesty and reliability
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to actively listen and show empathy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Bonus scheme
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days per year a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.