Employment Term: August 2023 – March 2024
Location: US, Remote
Climate Impact Partners is a leading provider of high-quality climate solutions, dedicated to creating a more sustainable world. We are currently seeking a Client Engagement intern to join our team, working as part of our dynamic international client facing team, you will support clients through account management and will support internal stakeholders in the development of key business improvements, namely the CarbonNeutral Protocol and Strategy 3.0/transformation work.
Climate action commitments across the business world are rapidly increasing, with a strong focus on achieving carbon neutrality. We help our clients meet their ambitious climate goals through managing greenhouse gas emissions assessments, carbon and renewable energy credit procurement, forest creation certificates, support of stakeholder engagement programs and tailoring of environmental finance programs to meet specific client requirements.
The key to the role is providing client deliverables, guiding clients through latest developments in corporate climate action and sustainability best practices and coordinating internal resources to ensure successful outcomes.
Fulfil Client Engagement
- Responding to client emails (account support, general questions, comms)
- Sending out marketing/CRM level communications to clients (events, press, NPS requests)
- Communications support (marketing approvals, assets, proposals)
- Support for Business Development colleagues (submitting assessment quotes, preparing slides, preparing portfolio builders, preparing EAC requests, client calls)
- Admin (keeping Sharepoint, Salesforce, certificates, and Instrument accounts organized and up to date)
- Research client inquiries related to carbon offset projects
Data Analysis to support client retention goals and client engagement activities.
- Data cleansing – prepare data for inclusion in KPI reporting and in the client portal, including CarbonNeutral certifications, retirement status and retirement language.
- Support strategic partnership with assessment, policy and marketing teams for evolution of CarbonNeutral Protocol, to design go-to market process and tools we need to place success in the changing markets.
CarbonNeutral Protocol evolution
- Research, comparison and mapping of corporate claims frameworks, including ISO, VCMI, SEC, competitor frameworks
- Contribute to draft technical documents
- Project management support of the programme, including client and industry consultations
- Preparation and participation in webinars and press releases
- Support in preparation of client-facing and internal guidance and training materials
Additional projects include
- GHG emissions work for Climate Impact Partners footprint:
- Expanded Scope 1, 2, 3 footprinting of the business
- Establishment of improved data-collection framework for emissions calculations
- Assessment of science-aligned target pathways
- Identification of high-level GHG reduction opportunities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working in a fast-paced client-facing role. You will be collaborative and proactive.
- Confident communicator, highly organized with meticulous attention to detail. You will be solution driven, with a helpful temperament and have an ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Research skills, to quickly summarize key developments in our marketplace, map alignment to existing frameworks, and develop a roadmap for business opportunities.
- Process oriented – looking for opportunities for efficiency, leveraging data to prioritize, streamlining existing activities.
Climate Impact Partners is an equal opportunities employer. Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce, that embraces our differences, and so all aspects of employment including the decision to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected under federal, state, or local law. To support this, all applications are anonymised until the interview stage which means that regardless of who has applied, your characteristics are totally anonymous.