Papier is looking for a highly ambitious and talented Creative Director to lead and inspire our creative team, developing innovative campaigns and messaging that brings Papier’s products & mission – “to make each day noteworthy” – to life across owned, earned & paid channels.
Reporting to the CMO, you will be the key ambassador of the Papier brand, ensuring our high visual and verbal standards come through in all our consumer-facing creative. You will oversee all brand creative & campaigns, translating business & marketing strategies into customer-facing concepts and executions with compelling visuals and storytelling that drive brand awareness, interest and revenue. You will be responsible for delivering agility and innovation across the creative team and while collaborating with her partners within Marketing and throughout the organisation, particularly Design & Product.
It’s an exciting time to join Papier, particularly as we grow internationally and extend into new distribution channels. This is a critical role with a chance for impact across the business.
- Work with team to deliver engaging, inspiring & innovative content across both digital and offline channels
- Own the annual Creative budget, ensuring efficient spend and careful planning between production and staffing needs
- Direct brainstorming meetings & creative sessions with broader team to generate the best ideas
- Lead cross-functional creative briefing sessions to clarify business needs & key deliverables
- Collaborate effectively with both internal & external teams by establishing & maintaining clear processes, especially in regards to briefing and feedback
- Nurture relationships with external creative partners: agencies, freelancers and contributors, drawing on their resources when needed
- Work closely with the Community team to oversee planning & creation of original & engaging content for Papier’s organic social channels, as well as supporting on commissioning user generated content
- Be the brand guardian, ensuring brand guidelines for visuals & tone of voice are adhered to so that brand messaging is consistent, engaging and aligned across all customer touch-points
- Direct, mentor & motivate team members to help them use their talents effectively & grow their skills, pushing them to get the best results
- Review and update the creative review process to ensure it is as streamlined as possible to lead to continual improvement of creative results
- Monitor results of campaigns & ensure a creative feedback loop drives improvements & new ideas
- 10+ years of experience working in the creative field, ideally in-house at a consumer ecommerce company. Ideally with proven experience as a Creative Director
- Proven track record of delivering successful brand campaigns across different channels & media with digital-first mindset with strong understanding of performance marketing, email, site, mobile & content marketing. Omnichannel/retail experience a plus
- Highly creative with an ability to create thought-provoking work with good balance of visual and copy
- Strong concepting abilities
- High EQ, thoughtful leader with experience creating, evolving, managing & mentoring creative/content teams working across various mediums such as photography, graphic design, video, copy, print
- Must be a creative & strategic thinker with a desire to challenge conventional wisdom
- Experience implementing processes to aid creative execution but also a strong desire to innovate where needed
- Detail-oriented and highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Highly motivated and ambitious self-starter but someone who also thrives on collaboration
- Right balance of leader & doer with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias for action
- An excellent communicator, both visually & verbally, who is used to presenting/pitching ideas
- Strong portfolio showcasing strategic/conceptual thinking, visual design and storytelling
- We recognise the need for a work-life balance and offer a hybrid working model of 3 days in the office at Maison Papier, our lovely Camden office.
- 25 days annual leave per year + buy an extra five days.
- 20 days per year to Work from Anywhere.
- Private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality Health (including 50% off gym memberships with Virgin Active, Pure Gym and more).
- Enrolment into the Papier Pension scheme through the People Pension.
- Enhanced parental leave policies.
- Cycle to work loan scheme.
- £45 monthly cultural allowance
- £75 personal stationery allowance, and £150 to spend on our Occasion stationery for a lifetime special event
- 40% staff discount along with a family and friends discount.
- Papier with Purpose: We give back to the community and offer 2 days paid per year to volunteer for a cause you/we care about.
- Constant access to mental health, well-being resources and support from our in-house first aiders.
- Weekly team lunches & regular cultural trips.
- Our pooches are a part of the Papier team and you may see them from time to time in Maison Papier.
- Inclusive and friendly team who will make you feel welcome from day one.
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies and ways of working to ensure everyone can make the most of their time at Papier.