Here at Oceana, our goal is to rebuild ocean abundance. What do we mean by ocean abundance? We mean returning populations of fish and other marine species to their full potential, instead of just accepting the status quo.
The UK Executive Director will:
- Define campaigns and set measurable goals
- Lead the team in achieving Oceana’s campaign goals
- Act as Oceana’s chief spokesperson in the UK
- Be effective in meeting fundraising goals and grant management
- Recruit and manage a professional staff to accomplish Oceana’s mission
- Interact persuasively with decision-makers
- Broaden and grow Oceana’s constituency on behalf of the ocean
- Forge strong coalitions with other nonprofits and local groups that share our interests
- Work constructively with stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with country and local laws and with Oceana’s policies and procedures
- Benefit from, and contribute to, interchange of ideas and expertise with other Oceana offices
- Raise funds and report to funders, in coordination with Oceana’s fundraising departments
- Keep Oceana’s leadership informed regarding successes and challenges. Seek assistance overcoming barriers when appropriate
- Serve as a member of Oceana’s international executive leadership committee.