At tiney, we want to give children the best start in life - providing an amazing early years education during the most high impact and formative stages of a child's development. To do this, we are an EdTech start-up that empowers micro-entrepreneurs to open their own home nurseries hassle-free, and nurtures a community of Early Years educators. Backed by leading investors from Local Globe and Index Ventures.
If you enjoy spending time with children, are passionate about our mission, and have always wanted to be your own boss with your own creative freedom - this might just be the perfect opportunity for you.
✨ There are so many reasons why being a childminder with tiney is a rewarding, fulfilling and exciting career. But let’s start with just a couple:
- Earn a great income (tiney childminders earn £31,000 average in their first year, and some achieve this working only part-time!)
- Fill your days with meaningful & rewarding work
- Run your own business, with the support of a community of like-minded peers
- Avoid the tedious paperwork (we take care of that for you via our all-in-one app and automated payments and billing technology)
- Care for your own children at the same time and work from home, setting your own hours
- Grow your business through assistants and leadership opportunities within the tiney community
📅 What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Caring for up to 6 children under the age of 8 and up to 3 children under the age of 5 (this is the government-stipulated ratio, and your own children are included in the number)
- Planning diverse daily activities based on the Early Years Framework and exploring the local community - inspiring your children with the world around them
- Helping children to learn, develop and reach their full potential, shaping their lives and futures for years to come
- Being present in the local community (don’t worry, we provide you with marketing support)
✔️ You're eligible for this role if:
- You're over the age of 21
- You're looking for part-time or full-time income opportunities
- You're willing and excited to be self-employed
- You live in England (the role is fully remote as you'll be working from your own home)
- You do not live in a studio
- You do not live in shared or emergency accommodation (living with family is not a problem)
- You’re driven and organised
- You’re professional and a good communicator
- You’re passionate about education (prior experience is not necessary)
🤝 What tiney does for you:
- A guaranteed interview if you are eligible
- £3000+ worth of upfront business & education training
- Access to our tiney app, giving you & your customers easy to use tools including a learning journal and a secure app based ‘wallet’ for billing and payments
- Inclusive premium insurance plan from Morton Michel
- Ongoing support from our central team and a thriving, engaged and diverse community and a roster of social and professional events
📚 Alternative pathways to childminding:
Already have early years experience? Then you could be eligible to join our Accelerated Path.
Only want to work part time time and with older children? You can train in as little as 7 hours to provide wraparound after school care for older children.
Are you already a childminder? You can switch your registration over to us in as quickly as 4 weeks.
🥇 Our recent awards
- One of only 2 Early Years companies to make the European EdTech 100
- One of 35 to join otta.com's Rocket List this year
- Selected by Silicon Valley Comes to UK (SVC2UK) 'Scale-Up Club' list of 50 highest-growth startups in UK
- Business Insider's 24 hottest Edtech startups in Europe
- Sifted UK tech startups to watch in 2021
- We recently made to top 50 of Tempo's best start ups to work for in London
💜 Our commitment to diversity
A child who wants to learn doesn't care about gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any of the other things that sometimes divide, and neither do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger and gives us all a better chance of unlocking the potential of every child.
tiney is authorised and regulated by Ofsted. Please note that to train with tiney requires a fee that covers initial registration costs. If you decide to apply, we will discuss details of the training and fees and make you aware of any funding support that might be available to you.