Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years experience in a food safety role and in a food manufacturing site.
- You have significant experience in food safety and health & safety, including all aspects of HACCP documentation.
- You have auditing experience within QSR
- You have EHO Experience
- You understand the technical side of food, including lab testing, shelf-life testing, etc.
- You understand food labelling and best-in-class processes for food-safe packaged goods, working with retailers (M&S, Waitrose & Sainsbury's preferred)
- You are able to provide food safety & allergens training to large teams
- You have experience in pest control and other haphazard
- You know hygiene best practices and materials
- You don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them
- You are hugely detailed oriented and don’t ever cut corners
- You love working in a start-up team!
- ... A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our Pasta Evangelists team as Food Safety & Compliance Manager supporting our Cloud Kitchen teams to improve our food safety - Champion food safety!
- Create, Maintain and review product specifications
- You will be responsible for developing, Implementing and improving Food Safety Management systems and processes across all sites
- Conduct regular internal audits across our sites and traceability exercises
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to all processes that you own so that we can get better and better
- Help and support your management team to be the best they can be. Live and breathe their development.
- Work with a multi-site operation and coach our Cloud Kitchen teams to care about food safety 100% of the time
- Support with customer complaint investigations
- Keep up to date with any food legislation changes and provide updates
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary to attract best talent
- Meaningful equity package with significant upside potential
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Free Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. In this market where pasta is worth £3.8bn, we are the only company disrupting it.
Our mission is clear: We are going to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta.
And whilst we are a digitally-native DTC brand, through www.pastaevangelists.com, we are also the largest pasta brand in the UK on Deliveroo and the only pasta brand in Harrods where we have our amazing restaurant and counter. We are also sold in other channels such as Ocado, Amazon, Zapp, Getir.
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same startup culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years. Given our ambitions, we are looking for exceptional professionals to lead our business through its next growth chapter.