Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Associate Product Designer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Associate Product Designer
We're looking for an Associate Product Designer to join our team. In this role, you will join a cross-discipline product team as the primary product designer, working closely with a Senior Product Manager and Engineering Lead in a product trio. With the additional support of our senior design and research team, you will own the process of understanding and prioritising user needs, co-facilitating ideation and putting ideas to the test with users. You’ll design high-quality user experiences that help our users to better understand, manage and celebrate their mental health at work, having measurable impact on product objectives.
What you’ll do
- Develop a deep understanding of mental health wellbeing in the workplace, collaborating closely with our user research team to uncover intrinsic user needs
- Break down complex problems - seeking clarity, ambition and focus
- Champion problem definition, ideation, hypotheses and live analysis on release
- Design exceptional experiences that support users to flourish in their work and home lives
- Work closely with product, engineering and data peers to collectively own the success and learnings of your product team and celebrate your progress
- Collaborate across the product design team, taking part in regular connection sessions, design critiques and design system efforts championing the Unmind brand
Who you are
- You have 1 or more years experience in a similar role
- You are an ambitious designer with an outstanding eye for design
- You have a portfolio that celebrates your learning and skills - showcasing sharp, analytical problem solving skills
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and excel in cross-discipline partnerships
- You are excited to contribute to evolving an design system
- You are passionate about mental health and wellbeing and excited to learn more
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace