Applied is the platform for debiased hiring. We’re pushing back against outdated hiring practices by redesigning the process to be more inclusive, more data-driven, and better for candidates. Our product is born out of scientific research, data-driven methodologies and is leaving CVs behind to surface the best candidates. Our mission is to supercharge the worlds social mobility by upending how people get hired - come join us!
Given what we do, we’re keen to build diverse teams. We offer flexible and part-time working hours which means we welcome engineers who are are available to work for a minimum of 3 days/week. As we've moved to a remote-first working style, we trust people to work enough hours to do good work, at times that suit you and your team.
We’re looking for a Digital Marketer who is looking to make their mark. We need someone who will be able to manage our website, run our marketing software and work with our sales and product teams to support their work and drive growth. They'll work directly with the VP Marketing and have a big impact on the overall success of the marketing team.
We believe that diverse and inclusive teams both perform better and make for a richer experience at work. So we’re open to candidates wherever they’ve derived their skill and passion from for this role. We’re looking for someone who’s impatient to deliver and keen to get stuck in and exhibits the below characteristics.
Our Digital Marketing Manager should:
- Be passionate about building an experience that delights our users.
- Be passionate about improving workplaces - whether it’s diversity and inclusion or culture, you’ll love what you do and want a world where everyone is free to be their true selves in a job they love.
- Be empowered by an entrepreneurial environment - you’re a self-starter, can work autonomously but can motivate and influence other teams when required.
- Have a love for learning - in a startup, none of us have all of the answers, so an openness and willingness to constantly learn are essential.
- Be a data-driven and analytical thinker.
In your first 6 months at Applied you'll:
- See how the product has impact and help translate its value into marketing messages.
- Drive new acquisitions through digital campaigns (search, retargeting & social).
- Assess the performance of marketing channels and optimise performance across all acquisition channels.
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests on our website (we use Webflow, Hotjar and other digital tools).
- Identify new audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage and convert.
- Use Google Analytics (and any other analytics tools like Mixpanel & Heap) to support your planning & execution.
- Assist the marketing team with email, nurture and social campaigns through Hubspot.
Like the rest of the Applied team members you'll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit & access to Spill
- Flexible and remote working options
- Involvement in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and socially important
What are the next steps?
You don't need a CV, just your brain
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer some questions that are related to the job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: *all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.*
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to interview, which will also be managed through our platform. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end you'll see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Right to work: We do NOT provide visas so please only apply if you have a right to work in the UK.