Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of over 600, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
You will have an important role within the department, working alongside the Non-Trade Accounts Assistants. This role involves supporting other members of the team and you will have ownership of the administration of the accounts inbox and be involved in the purchase ledger side of the accounts function. We have recently implemented a new accounting software which is being developed to streamline processes within the department. As a result, the job spec below will adapt with time as we automate processes.
- Administration of accounts inbox.
- Posting of purchase invoices to Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Supplier statements reconciliations.
- Follow up on queries with colleagues and third parties as necessary, by email or by phone.
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger. Supplier aging review and allocations.
- Ad hoc tasks when required and supporting the wider finance team during busy times.
- Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good.
Skills and Experience:
- Has the confidence and initiative to approach others to investigate and resolve queries.
- Organised and methodical.
- Has a flexible attitude and is able to respond well to changing priorities.
- Previous Administration or accounts payable role.
- Excel experience (grouping/merging/sorting high volumes of data)
What we offer
- Salary of £23,500 per annum (FTE).
- This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (FTE)
- Flexible working options considered.
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (it’s pretty delicious!)
- Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
- Wellbeing and Rewards platform with access to discounts, GP service and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Contributory pension scheme.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.