Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Localisation Manager.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Role – Localisation Manager
At Unmind, our content vision is to give our users access to something incalculably precious: the best digital mental health content in the world.
As our team and our business grow, our ambition is to make our content available in multiple languages and the Localisation Manager will be on the cutting edge of making sure mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Working closely with our content and product teams the Localisation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management and delivery of translation and localisation of our content.
You will help us shape and establish best practice processes and procedures to ensure our content scales seamlessly across multiple languages and geographies.
You'll have the opportunity to own our localisation practices, creating and building relationships with translation partners and technical suppliers. You'll then get to liaise with our established team and 3rd party partners to ensure delivery of our multi-language projects.
You'll get to own and manage the translation of our content from end to end and collaborate with experts across the Unmind business to ensure our content delights our users.
Most importantly, you'll get to have a lasting impact on how mental health is positioned around the world!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own: the delivery management of our BAU multi-lingual and localisation projects
- Collaborate: with our teams to operationalise our localisation and translation processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality content
- Shape: and manage our relationships with multiple 3rd party localisation providers including teams of regional subject matter experts
- Lead: on our QA processes including recruitment of psychologists from around the world
- Champion: cultural insights, quality and maximise the impact of all of our translation work
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who are
- Fluent English and fluency (including strong grammar) in a romance language (French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Extensive localisation experience gained in a multi-national broadcaster, app or digital service (life-sciences experience an advantage)
- Experience managing day to day localisation operations
- Experience working with modern TMS platforms such as XTM cloud, Smartling or Lokalise.
- Experience working with a modern CMS such as contentful, sitecore or contentstack
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Able to work effectively with teams and colleagues at all levels and in different functions across Unmind
- Detail orientated, able to work under pressure with excellent organisation skills
- Ability to understand, simplify and improve complex multi-stakeholder workflows
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace