Reporting into: CMO
Purpose of the Job:
- You’ll be in charge of drumming up business for our Pasta Academy, our first pasta-making school in the heart of London!
- It’ll be your job to make our events business as big as it possibly can be in 2023 and beyond, booking in clients who get in touch with us but also proactively seeking out new business by networking, prowling LinkedIn & pushing your luck!
What you'll do at Pasta Evangelists:
- You’ll be responsible for all incoming enquiries for our events business, seeking to convert as many leads as possible into paid events
- It will be your job to fill up our events space with bookings - including proactively drumming up business by engaging with office managers, HR/People team managers and more
- Many of our clients book private and/or corporate events: you’ll need to be attentive to their needs and give them confidence that you have understood these
- You’ll be sympathetic to operational limitations and the capacity of our events team, working collaboratively to ensure every event you book can be executed professionally and to an exceptionally high standard
- You’ll be physically present at events from time to time – it’s important to you that our clients are well looked after and have a fantastic experience: after all, word of mouth is a key business driver!
- You’ll push the boat out to progressively take bigger and better bookings with the highest calibre clients (with high expectations!)
- You’ll work exceptionally hard to find reasons to do more events, rather than less - even when a client’s requirements are complex or difficult to bring to life
- You’ll help us professionalise our communications with clients, including compiling events packages in high quality PDFs (and ensuring the events part of our website looks the part and makes it easy for prospective clients to book with us)
- You’ll come up with creative ways of increasing the value of events, for example by offering premium drinks packages
- You’ll work with our wider marketing team to continue raising awareness about our Pasta Academy
The role will be office-based in London 3 days per week and allow for 2 days to work from home.
Who you are:
- You are a self-propelled, go-getter type: the idea of having a mini business of your own and booking in as many clients as possible makes you excited
- You’re extremely motivated by sales & find the idea of making a commission on every booking you take for the business an exciting prospect – after all, how much you’ll make depends on how well you do!
- You have the ‘gift of the gab’ and love the idea of chatting with prospective clients about their dream event - and then working with our events team to help bring it to life
- You are comfortable making telephone calls and have a confident and professional telephone manner
- You have exceptional attention to detail and pay close attention to leads, pushing to close as many sales as possible
- You love the idea of having the freedom to push the boat out to secure bigger bookings and leads than we’ve ever dealt with before
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary and commission paid on EVERY booking you bring in!
- You’ll report directly to our CMO and have the support to drum up as much business as you possibly can
- Vibrant Central London working
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Free Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. In this market where pasta is worth £3.8bn, we are the only company disrupting it.
Our mission is clear: We are going to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta.
And whilst we are a digitally-native DTC brand, through www.pastaevangelists.com, we are also the largest pasta brand in the UK on Deliveroo and the only pasta brand in Harrods where we have our amazing restaurant and counter. We are also sold in other channels such as Ocado, Amazon, Zapp, Getir.
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same startup culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years. Given our ambitions, we are looking for exceptional professionals to lead our business through its next growth chapter.