Papier, the stationery start up disrupting the industry with its eclectic emporium of stationery and desk products that invite curiosity and contemplation, is looking for a talented, passionate & results-driven Wholesale Specialist to join our wholesale team and accelerate our brand traction in the US.
We have been expanding rapidly as a DTC business. In 2022 Papier officially launched its wholesale and B2B channels in the US, which have quickly taken off. This is an incredibly exciting time for someone to join as a Wholesale Specialist, and there is the opportunity to be on the ground-floor of building and scaling a wholesale business with massive potential for growth.
As a Wholesale Specialist you will develop and maintain professional relationships to ensure an effective working partnership with all levels of the organization: sales management, merchandising, operations, marketing, etc.
You will report into our Wholesale Director, and provide support to the sales and operations functions for Papier’s US wholesale and B2B channels. You will be responsible for order processing, ensuring smooth communication flow between internal departments, ensuring account information and assortment data are accurate, and providing exceptional customer service to accounts.
As a Wholesale Specialist, you will have responsibility for the management of the wholesale, seasonal set-ups, and sell-in tools. A big part of the role is building relationships with our independent retailers, B2B clients, and cross-functional partners, as well as Order management, ATS stock accuracy, data management and information gathering, and managing sample and trade show coordination.
The majority of this role is remote, though working Eastern Standard Time Zone is a requirement.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with internal cross-functional teams, Sales, Operations, Merchandising, Buying, Design, Finance, and retail/b2b clients
- Working closely and collaboratively with the WholeSale Director
- Facilitate order execution across functions to ensure order on time and to customers satisfaction and requirements.
- Daily data entry from order processing to customer account management
- Provide best in class account management to all our wholesale customers
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Communicate with our wholesale customer base on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an operational, customer service, account management role and/or experience in a support position within a wholesale environment.
- Ability to working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proficient in Google Applications. Intermediate Excel/Google Sheets skills.
- Experience with Data entry
- Ability to efficiently prepare information and effectively communicate it to others in a simple, understandable manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You get a real kick out of finding solutions to problems.
- You have a strong attention to detail and are incredibly organized.
- A natural at developing business-to-business client relationships
- Professionalism at the highest level when interacting with both internal and external clients
- Ability to accurately execute and understand the needs of business owners
- Recognizes the importance of client management and the appropriate steps to take when forming relationships.
- You can easily plan your day and adhere to established deadlines.
- You use your energy and enthusiasm to keep yourself motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and react quickly to changing demands of a fast-paced environment
- You pride yourself on collaboration and have experience of working with others outside your usual remit
- A natural communicator who can build effective relationships and thrives on working cross-functionally.
- Willingness to travel if required
- A seat at Papier NYC, with a hybrid working pattern of 2 days per week in the office (or more if you'd like!)
- Slavic 401k, employer contribution of 3%
- Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare
- Enhanced Parental Leave Policies
- Generous time off
- 8 public holidays per year
- $55 per month cultural allowance
- $100 Personal Stationery Allowance
- Generous Staff Discount
- Team Lunches & Trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!
- Salary between - $50,000 - $65,000