South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is seeking an experienced Digital Internal Communications Senior Manager to manage and lead our new intranet, the basis for South Pole internal communications.The aim of the intranet is to provide a global portal for all staff allowing people to communicate, collaborate, access common processes and share documents in line with our knowledge management strategy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation and management of the intranet to ensure a first class user experience and to provide a solution to siloed information sources. This includes maintaining overall quality control on content and design, as well as developing and implementing policies and standards to ensure effective and engaging intranet user experience and content that meets the needs of the business.
This role will sit in the Communications Team, reporting to the Director of Communications, as well as working in close collaboration with Knowledge Management, and other internal communications points of contact.
The Intranet Manager will be responsible for driving engagement across South Pole, encouraging the intranet as the place to go for all of our knowledge and information and for the provision of insightful analytics to key stakeholders.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the strategic development of South Pole’s internal communications and intranet strategy
- Work in close collaboration with senior management, to strategically develop the role of the intranet in the overall internal communications strategy
- Take ownership of editorial control across the intranet to ensure it is in line with the content strategy, communication standards and guidelines
- Look at the current internal communications channels and ensure that they are migrated to the new system
- Ensure the intranet conforms to business policies and legal requirements (knowledge management, records management, content management, document management, GDPR, information security)
- Ensure the effective information architecture, taxonomy, search and content quality on the intranet, working with Knowledge Management as well as Technology teams to provide a first class user-led intranet to meet the needs of the business
- Oversee the primary landing pages to maintain a proper balance of content and tools. Have the final say in priorities for content on the intranet
- Build relationships with and gain the buy-in of internal stakeholders at all levels and actively manage communications with key stakeholders and user groups
- Engage with the global Knowledge Management Office as the community of content owners and page editors, encouraging collaboration and a consistent approach
- Provide support to content editors ensuring they have the knowledge, tools and skill sets required for their roles
- Develop, maintain, provide advice and monitor compliance with the intranet policies and standards to ensure effective, up to date and engaging intranet user experience and content that meets the needs of the business
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving (including KM, Business Lines,Operations, Technology, People & Culture, Legal, as well as executives and administrative staff)
- Input into and deliver the intranet governance strategy, including the coordination of an intranet management group consisting of senior representatives from key stakeholder groups including KM, Technology, People & Culture, Communications and Operations teams in Business Lines
- Conduct research to understand intranet user needs, working closely with Knowledge Management
- Work with Technology and other stakeholders to define priorities for requests for new functionality and tools.Maintain a good understanding of industry best practice and new technological opportunities that can add business value
- Monitor intranet usage and provide insightful analytics to key stakeholders that demonstrate the effectiveness of the intranet
- Be the point person for the relationship with the intranet technology supplier (NB: we are currently at short-list stage for supplier selection)
- Several years of experience managing and implementing knowledge-driven intranets in a similar/professional services environment
- Relevant internal communications experience
- Related Degree
- Strong understanding of the capabilities of intranet technology and applications
- Strong understanding of the principles of user centric design and user experience
- Strong understanding of the principles of information architecture, taxonomy and search design for knowledge-driven intranets
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues
- Ability to effect behavioral change across an organisation and drive adoption of new tools and business processes
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Highly experienced with document, spreadsheet, and presentation software
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.