Papier, the stationery startup disrupting the industry with its eclectic emporium of stationery and desk products that invite curiosity and contemplation, is looking for a talented, passionate & results-driven Social Media Manager to join our Community team and drive our channel growth. You’ll be responsible for iterating upon a dynamic social strategy, with a focus on accelerating our brand traction in the US and brand awareness on TikTok.
Based in London and reporting into the Head of Community & Social, you will be a key spokesperson for the brand, and will play a critical role in defining how we grow and nurture our online community through a compelling and breakthrough social presence that builds engagement and brand advocacy.
Papier’s purpose is to invite people to uncover the possibilities of a blank page and this whimsical sense of wonder is essential to our social media strategy, Your focus would be on building upon existing channel foundations (Instagram and Pinterest), driving our growth on TikTok, and establishing our path to success on YouTube, with core KPIs around impactful reach, US follower growth, traffic to site, engagement rate & content virality. Internally, you’ll be comfortable working with multiple teams and collaborating cross-functionally to bring projects to life.
We are looking for a digitally-focused social media expert who is an excellent creative thinker and equally comfortable across technical and analytical problem solving, with a proven track record of clearly demonstrating the social impact on business objectives and KPIs.
Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growth startup, with offices in New York and London. Named #11 of best 100 Tech Start Ups by Tempo and one of top 10 companies to work for in retail by Best Companies, Papier recently closed its Series-C and is excited to add to our growing London-based organisation.
What will you do?
- Implement, manage and develop the global social campaigns including owning the social calendar and planning activity across multiple channels such as TikTok, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Devise and execute social responses and briefs from wider marketing strategies, working closely with other teams to ensure synergy and alignment with business objectives
- Work with the Creative team and Content Creators to develop and deliver highly innovative, platform-first content for all social channels
- Plan, design and implement successful social tactics to grow Papier’s TikTok’s account
- Collaborate with the Community team to inform on best practice, new trends and current success stories across all initiatives and social media platforms
- Carry out and communicate to key internal stakeholders on-going social media performance reviews. Translate and present campaign reports into actionable insights for teams, projects, and processes
- Advise and educate on new relevant developments in the social media space, championing innovation to ensure Papier has an industry-leading online presence with a highly engaged audience
- Form and manage the relationship with account leads from our key platforms to access insights, best practice and latest platform updates & identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations ahead of competitors
- Proven experience growing a brand’s TikTok account
- 4-5 years relevant experience in growing and managing social brand channels, community building and content-creation, ideally within SME businesses that have experienced rapid growth and driven real consumer behaviour change
- High degree of personal and professional familiarity with Instagram, TikTok etc. as well as all online communities as a whole
- Strong editorial sensibilities, from setting tone to having great taste when it comes to ensuring content is on-tone, on-brand and strategy
- A natural communicator – confident in presenting social campaigns and activities to different parts of the business
- Outside of the box thinker who takes initiative & thrives in fast-paced environment
- Experience working with social media management and analytics platforms
- Analytical, and able to both learn from and utilise data to build strategy and tell stories
- Passionate about all things social media and Internet culture
- Ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail
- We recognise the need for a work-life balance and offer a hybrid working model of 3 days in the office at Maison Papier, our lovely Camden office.
- 25 days annual leave per year + buy an extra five days.
- 20 days per year to Work from Anywhere.
- Private medical and rewards scheme with Vitality Health (including 50% off gym memberships with Virgin Active, Pure Gym and more).
- Enrolment into the Papier Pension scheme through the People Pension.
- Enhanced parental leave policies.
- Cycle to work loan scheme.
- £75 personal stationery allowance, and £150 to spend on our Occasion stationery for a lifetime special event
- 40% staff discount along with a family and friends discount.
- Papier with Purpose. We give back to the community and offer 2 days paid per year to volunteer for a cause you/we care about.
- Constant access to mental health, well-being resources and support from our in-house first aiders.
- Weekly team lunches & regular cultural trips.
- Our pooches are a part of the Papier team and you may see them from time to time in Maison Papier.
- Inclusive and friendly team who will make you feel welcome from day one.
At Papier, we believe that the diverse perspectives of all paper people deserve to be celebrated. A creative and curious community, we strive to be inclusive and equitable to all. We’re an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on any grounds. From hiring processes to day-to-day business, we aim to create an environment that is accessible and safe for everyone. We’re always working towards building a balanced and supportive workplace, with policies and ways of working to ensure everyone can make the most of their time with at Papier.