Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGY SR SPECIALIST for our FINANCE team!
You will be joining a highly effective global team reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Development and Strategy, and will play an important role supporting the company’s Strategy, M&A initiatives, and strategic planning including financial, market, and operational analyses. In particular, the Corporate Development team is responsible for negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions and partnerships, as well as performing reviews of both existing performance as well as potential opportunities for the Company broadly.
- Support identification of market trends, key themes, and developments in the wellbeing landscape
- Lead the company’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers and acquisitions, as well as strategic reviews of performance and potential go-forward opportunities for the Company
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, operations and other functions to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Conduct analysis, financial models and due diligence of potential acquisitions, as well as of internal strategic reviews by tracking key financial and operational metrics for the company and providing feedback to senior leaders
- Prepare proposals and negotiate terms
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized
- Create a robust competitive intelligence competency within Gympass, become a trusted industry expert and provide reports on market trends and competitor developments
- Prepare the creation of presentation materials to communicate recommendations to Gympass executives and Board of Directors
- Special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis at the request of senior leadership
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity, prior corporate development or relevant industry experience
- English fluency required
- Ability to work independently and be very hands-on; comfortable developing and running models / financial analyses and deriving and communicating insights to Corp Dev lead and senior management
- Highly advanced Excel skills with extreme attention to detail;
- Familiarity with SQL and data visualization tools a plus
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, to break complex problems into component parts, and to clearly synthesize recommendations
- Impeccable analytical skills, business judgment, and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills - can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
- Ability to proactively identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.