Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital, and we have grown tremendously each year since launch. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Our VP of People provides people leadership and strategic direction to Bevi’s talented, passionate and mission-driven employee base and leadership team. The VP of People is directly responsible for the overall administration and evaluation of Bevi’s people strategies and programs, including those related to employee attraction and retention, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and overall experience and culture. Our VP of People is skilled at business partnerships at every level of the organization, and provides tactical execution of current people programs as well as research, development and implementation of new ones. The VP of People reports to the SVP of Finance and currently oversees a People team of three. This role is based out of our Charlestown office, at least 3 days per week in person (more if desired!).
What you will do:
- Oversee an array of People functions (onboarding, training, performance evaluation, employee relations, recognition, benefits). Bring experience and ideas to the table, solicit Leadership buy-in and support, and demonstrate a hands-on approach to operationalize and execute.
- Continually improve the Company's policies, procedures, and practices for the effective management of People resources in alignment with business priorities.
- Direct and oversee the day-to-day operations of HR administration, employee relations, and compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
- Support the development of stronger management and leadership skills across the organization through active career pathing. Evaluate and cultivate cross-team alignment and communication.
- Use data and strong research skills to make informed recommendations on Company policies, procedures, and ways to continually improve our employer brand and offerings
- Refine and maintain a regular reporting cadence for People KPIs and analytics.
- Drive strategy and execution of our performance management process: evaluation, calibration, compensation; refine our functional career paths and internal banding processes.
- Improve adoption of our Core Values, and promote a culture of empowerment and urgency; implement and reinforce recognition programs.
- Understand both internal and external drivers of employee attrition, and make strategic recommendations to improve retention across diverse levels & functions.
- Oversee confidential employee relations matters, using a high degree of EQ and discretion to navigate sensitive situations.
- Oversee benchmarking and administering our benefits program; own HRIS and oversee day-to-day administration.
- Partner with external legal counsel for all immigration-related matters (visa applications, transfers, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws and audits.
- Communicate knowledgeably and compellingly about Bevi and our product, and explore new opportunities and mechanisms to better communicate Bevi’s employer brand.
- Set talent acquisition strategies for attracting and sourcing diverse talent in a competitive space.
- 7+ years prior experience in HR, People Operations, or Talent, in increasing levels of scope and responsibility.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Prior experience at a venture-backed start-up in high-growth mode is a plus. Experience scaling an organization.
- Ability, drive, and process management skills to see initiatives from vision to implementation.
- Ability to juggle many moving pieces, and quickly pivot from one priority to another.
- Ability to identify appropriate stakeholders and get Leadership buy-in.
- Collaborative, hands-on, roll-up the sleeves approach. Encourage cross-functional cooperation and build strong working relationships across the organization, but also lead by example.
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak concisely but compellingly to a range of audiences.
- Genuine interest in people and their careers, and desire to connect with all team members on both professional and personal levels.
- Maturity, efficiency, and discretion in handling employee relations issues.
- Deep experience in benefits, payroll and 401(k) administration.
- Experience in visa sponsorship and work authorizations.
- Experience with office management.
- Ability to apply and translate law and policy to a practical, dynamic, people-first environment.
Important Note: Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) with company match, and environmentally responsible investment options
- Flexible PTO plus 9 company holidays, and additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Generous fully paid parental leave for both birth parents and non-birth parents
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and (of course) unlimited Bevi ... plus composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability