We are looking for a Director of Retail who will be responsible for owning the customer experience and adding strategic value to our Trinny London retail stores, pop-ups and events in order to increase brand awareness. Reporting directly to our COO, you will be responsible for defining our vision for retail, both in the UK and globally (US market primarily) and directing our agenda in combining e-commerce and traditional retail to set Trinny London apart. If you're an ambitious individual with a proven track record of leading fast-growing retail teams with an expanding presence in the UK and international markets, this is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in our retail global, scale-up strategy.
Welcome to Trinny London!
Here at Trinny London, we’re changing the face of makeup and demystifying skincare, and we're only just getting started. Founded in 2017 by Trinny Woodall, Trinny London is challenging people all over the world to rethink their routines.
We have achieved tremendous growth since 2017 and we’re proud to be one of Europe’s fastest-growing beauty brands. We’re generating millions of sales by developing innovative products, acquiring hundreds of thousands of supporters and customers all over the world, and more importantly, building a talented and motivated team to support our fantastic growth.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Establish the strategic direction of retail over the next 3 years, working closely with C-Suite to define the vision and set the roadmap behind this
- Define our store design innovation strategy of our retail stores, driving new and innovative ways to link the digital e-commerce experience in store
- Overseeing and defining store expectations, and ensuring alongside our Head of Retail that our online customer experience is reflected within our retail stores. Defining new and improved ways of creating a seamless connection between our website and our physical space, with several digital touch points.
- Lead and manage the Head of Retail and any future senior retail team, providing clear objectives and direction for your team with their career growth
- Embodying, defining and innovating alongside the experiential and theatrical elements of Trinny London within all stores and events, coming up with new ideas and concepts
- Collaborate with our Head of Retail to implement new initiatives, ideas and improvements in order to enhance retail team capability as well as the customer experience in store
- Collaborating with C-suite and the Digital Product team alongside our Head of Retail, to oversee successful cross department collaboration and ensure alignment of our goals and strategy from our digital presence to our retail presence
- Embed with our current customer experience vision, working on suggesting improvements and innovation alongside Creative Director and Head of Retail
- Ensuring Senior Retail team are clear on objectives and outcomes and are owning, measuring and sharing key in store metrics, impacts and learnings
- Manage and set expectations around a data-driven approach to delivering maximum customer in-store value. Review existing projects from Senior Retail Team and deliver key insights into C-Suite
- Highlighting and driving the importance for retail efforts across the whole business, and working alongside C-Suite to ensure retail growth is incorporated in the wider business strategy
- Full P&L responsibility for our current retail business, to understand and interrogate key financial data for future UK and global expansion
- Leveraging existing retail relationships, building solid connections within the industry for business requirements
- Implement and develop a future strategy for hiring needs, including growth of current team
- Identify any future retail business opportunities, for existing locations and for global expansion
The key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Experience and exposure to a D2C brand that has a strong multichannel retail presence, within the beauty space
- Previous involvement with tech in store and the customer journey. You will have a passion for combining retail and e-commerce and be an advocate for our retail team
- You have an innovative, connected and engaged mindset with changing retail & product landscape
- Ability to create new business models to support strategic initiatives from the ground up. You will be able to take a vision and developed a strategy to deliver the vision
- Strong stakeholder management skills showcasing credibility and strong communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions
- Change management skills in order to be able to embrace & handle multiple projects and adaptive to shifting priorities quickly
We always love to hear from anybody interested in the Trinny London team! Although we are looking for the essential skills listed above for this role, we’re always keen to hear from ambitious individuals looking for their next challenge.
We want to provide our customers with the tools and confidence to be their best, and we do this for our team too through our benefits:
- Flexible working with core working hours
- Hybrid working (but when you do come into our amazing office, it’s fully stocked with snacks and drinks)
- 25 days holiday (we're also partial to a handful of spontaneous and well-earned Wellbeing Days throughout the year)
- Welcome to Trinny London Starter Stack and swag
- Company discount for yourself, your friends, and family
- Vitality health scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- An annual personal training and development budget
- Enhanced family friendly packagesPension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- T-Parties = many office socials as well as summer and festive celebrations!
- Rewards and Recognition Scheme (awarding length of service with gifts, vouchers and additional annual leave