Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
Did you want to grow up and work in a boring office? Us neither. At Runway East, we've been on a mission to destroy boring offices since 2014, in whatever size, shape and form they take. Since launching, we now have 8 buildings in London, Bristol and Brighton offering unique flexible office space for teams of 1 - 100 to work in, enjoying everything from dogs on demand to our famed Friday drinks trolley.
Our Runway East team enjoys a bunch of great benefits and unrivalled perks, from private healthcare to team trips abroad. We’ve also recently become a B Corp and think it’s important for our team to give a damn about its impact on the planet and its people.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product members genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
As a member of the Community team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the Runway East product, working throughout our network of sites and doing a variety of different tasks around all the London sites. Representing our brand, you will elevate our member experience through delivering excellent customer service, offering great communication and problem solving skills, and having a keen eye for detail.
Whilst no two days are the same, your key responsibilities will revolve around:
- Front desk management during the building’s set business hours (08:30-17:30) and being an on-site point of contact for members.
- Building relationships with members, anticipating their needs and finding ways to surprise and delight them.
- Troubleshooting any building or member issues and resolving them quickly.
- Delivering the product, ensuring that site standards are kept high and show-room ready.
- Organising our popular member rituals: Cake Wednesday and our Friday Beer Trolley as well as one-off events.
- Assisting the Community Manager with keeping the site secure and compliant.
- Communicating with diverse stakeholders throughout the business.
Even though our sites are open to members 24/7, our Community team are only onsite Monday-Friday from 08:30-17:30, including an hour lunch break.
Who You Are:
- Charisma - you are engaging, trustworthy and love to connect with others, your empathy and self-awareness helps you intuitively and proactively solve customer challenges.
- Detail - you appreciate that the small things are often the things that matter the most. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- Drive - you’re a keen learner and like to spot opportunities for improvement. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- Resilience - you love to troubleshoot and solve problems with a positive, can do attitude. You’re eager to take on new challenges.
- Commerciality - you understand that our members = our business, and you are focused on supporting their needs. You’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- Experience - This role would suit you if you have experience in service-led industries (hospitality, leisure, retail etc) or another customer-facing role.
Read ‘A Day in the Life of a Community Associate’ to learn more about the role
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
You can find out more about our values and perks here.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.